I have been trying to enable find my mobile with Samsung account, with no luck

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I have followed the user guide on the samsung site but I do not have the remote control settings under security they speak of. I went to manage apps and remote controls is running so I am confused as to why its not showing up in my settings.

Last edited by a moderator:

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: I have been trying to enable find my mobile with samsung account, with no luck

Looks like ATT stripped this core feature of samsung devices as well. Samsung is the largest manufacturer of mobile phones and they let ATT push them around but apple does not. iPhones do not require an additional service charge to use an ATT app to replace a perfectly functioning app that the manufacturer included with their device build.

ATT has lost me as a customer for sure. Tired of this BS where they pander to apple and all other devices are crippled. As soon as I can financially leave, I will be going to T-Mobile. Sucks that I just started my 2 year contract with the new Note 3.

So I have downloaded findmydroid which also needs money to have a full version capable of locking and wiping the phone. Does anyone know of a free app that will work the same way as the samsung app works on probably all versions except ATT phones.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Re: I have been trying to enable find my mobile with samsung account, with no luck

Just use Android device manager and be done with it!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

MissMystikle

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site

From what I've read, Samsung's find my mobile doesn't work in the US.

As z06mike said, you can use Google's Android Device Manager (https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager) which can locate your phone, lock, wipe, or ring your phone remotely. I haven't tried the lock or wipe but I just tested the ring remotely feature and it totally worked and it's free so to me, it's worth it.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

Just use Android device manager and be done with it!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
^^ Yup!

As z06mike said, you can use Google's Android Device Manager (https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager) which can locate your phone, lock, wipe, or ring your phone remotely. I haven't tried the lock or wipe but I just tested the ring remotely feature and it totally worked and it's free so to me, it's worth it.

^^ Yuppers

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

Wow, that should be in the noob section of android. Now I can forget about all the 3rd party apps I was testing out. Thank you so much.