I Just Couldn't Decide...

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Every year, for the past several years, I ooooh and ahhhh over the latest Note phone, buy them, and end up returning them because I can't ever seem to stop from eventually going back to my iPhone. I'm heavily invested in Apple's ecosystem and also use a Mac, iPad, and Apple TV. The seamless device integration is awesome. I absolutely love how everything plays so nicely together. But I still got caught up in all the Note 5 coverage. So I bit the bullet yesterday and got a Sprint Note 5. The reason was really two-fold. My iPhone is on Verizon and I'm one of those people clinging to my beloved unlimited data plan. Yesterday's news about the price hike got me thinking about what I'd do if they got rid of unlimited all together. I was curious to see what Sprint's network and coverage are about these days. So for now I get to have a Note 5 and keep my iPhone in play. I've only had the Note for a day but I think I'm in love! Me and my wallet just may have to come to grips with being a two phone type of guy.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

dkunzman

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the Note 5 collaborative group! :cool:
Ask questions and I am sure you will get plenty of answers
I use both a 6S+ and Note 5 (but on AT&T) and my Note has become my go to device.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Ha. I just swore off Android for another year. 14 days later I have the Note 5 in my hands. Switched all of my Apple services to Google and Samsung. Lol.

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Ha. I just swore off Android for another year. 14 days later I have the Note 5 in my hands. Switched all of my Apple services to Google and Samsung. Lol.

LOL I see we're both having the same struggle. I ran into some annoying issues with the aggressive RAM management on the Note. It was probably extra annoying since I still have my iPhone 6s Plus and notice the difference in how fast things like Instagram, YouTube and web page load on the iPhone vs. the Note. Score one for Apple's tight integration and highly optimized software experience. Yes they are controlling, but there are benefits of controlling both the hardware and the software experience, But the Note was not to be outdone. I noticed today that my Note 5 has MUCH MUCH better music streaming quality than my iPhone. Both in my car and my Bluetooth headphones. This is something I probably wouldn't have noticed if I didn't have both phones. So score one major point for the Note 5. Also, I think I like Android Auto better than Apple's CarPlay.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
LOL I see we're both having the same struggle. I ran into some annoying issues with the aggressive RAM management on the Note. It was probably extra annoying since I still have my iPhone 6s Plus and notice the difference in how fast things like Instagram, YouTube and web page load on the iPhone vs. the Note. Score one for Apple's tight integration and highly optimized software experience. Yes they are controlling, but there are benefits of controlling both the hardware and the software experience, But the Note was not to be outdone. I noticed today that my Note 5 has MUCH MUCH better music streaming quality than my iPhone. Both in my car and my Bluetooth headphones. This is something I probably wouldn't have noticed if I didn't have both phones. So score one major point for the Note 5. Also, I think I like Android Auto better than Apple's CarPlay.
I have noticed the same thing about the music streaming in the car. I have to try it with my headphones.

Mark Valentine

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
It will be short lived. You'll change back over to the iPhone whatever. I don't believe I've met anyone in person who has jumped ship from iOS to Android and stayed with Android. Personally, I find iPhones to be completely bland and flat out boring. I do own a MacBook air which I love using BTW. Maybe I'm just Samsung biased but I don't believe ill ever be able to switch back to a device without an s-pen or similar Wacom made stylus.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
It will be short lived. You'll change back over to the iPhone whatever. I don't believe I've met anyone in person who has jumped ship from iOS to Android and stayed with Android. Personally, I find iPhones to be completely bland and flat out boring. I do own a MacBook air which I love using BTW. Maybe I'm just Samsung biased but I don't believe ill ever be able to switch back to a device without an s-pen or similar Wacom made stylus.

Ha ha we'll see. At this point if I could get access to iMessage on Android I could probably retire my iPhone. I for one would gladly pay to use it if Apple would open it up. Having said that, I know it will never happen because Apple has absolutely no incentive to do so. But hey, a guy can dream.

Mark Valentine

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I honestly wish that companies would be willing to make a collaborative effort to make applications cross compatible. But unfortunately, like you said yourself its all wishful thinking. -_-

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Ha ha we'll see. At this point if I could get access to iMessage on Android I could probably retire my iPhone. I for one would gladly pay to use it if Apple would open it up. Having said that, I know it will never happen because Apple has absolutely no incentive to do so. But hey, a guy can dream.

If you've used smart phones long enough there's a good chance you felt this way about BBM at one point...

It's just a messaging app... Let it go, it's not worth it.

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site

Turns out you might be right. Tomorrow is my 14th day so I have to make a final decision. I really do like the Note 5, but I just can't quit my iPhone. ??????

Mark Valentine

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Hahaha. Its always great to test out your options though. Because you never know, you might actually end up liking the other device. I've tinkered around with the my aunts iphone 6s plus for a few hours last night. And I'm not going to lie, its a very nice phone. But like everything else, we all have our own preferences and levels of comfort which we tend to go back to.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Turns out you might be right. Tomorrow is my 14th day so I have to make a final decision. I really do like the Note 5, but I just can't quit my iPhone. 😫

This won't be me. I have decided to keep my note for the long haul. This phone is too amazing.

Note in my house!

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
So you're switching away from iPhone or keeping both?

I'm going all in. No iPhone, selling the iPad. This past week has been a good one with my Note 5. I have become more acquainted with all of it's features. I fell in love with s-pen all over again. And I watched some youtube videos that gave me even more ideas on how to use this beast of a smartphone. Bought two wireless chargers for home and work, I'm all set.

Note in my house!

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Didn't think you would do it Doc. Good luck buddy. Even selling the your beloved iPad? Damn you are serious. Have fun with the Note bud. Great phone.

Sent from my iPhone 6S Plus using Tapatalk

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm going all in. No iPhone, selling the iPad. This past week has been a good one with my Note 5. I have become more acquainted with all of it's features. I fell in love with s-pen all over again. And I watched some youtube videos that gave me even more ideas on how to use this beast of a smartphone. Bought two wireless chargers for home and work, I'm all set.

Note in my house!

Which videos? Please share

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Didn't think you would do it Doc. Good luck buddy. Even selling the your beloved iPad? Damn you are serious. Have fun with the Note bud. Great phone.

Sent from my iPhone 6S Plus using Tapatalk

Hopefully by selling my iPad I can recoup some of the money I have wasted on this addiction. And really, my objective was to make a decision that I would be happy with. Right now, I feel like I will be happier with just one device and that device being the Note 5. I'm really going to make an effort this time and just enjoy my Note 5 for the year.

Note in my house!

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Turns out you might be right. Tomorrow is my 14th day so I have to make a final decision. I really do like the Note 5, but I just can't quit my iPhone. 😫

I don't blame you though. You know what works best for you. It just isn't the best option for me anymore. I have become completely smitten over the Note 5 in just over a week with it. I had my iPhone for 13 days and while I really liked the iPhone 6S, I didn't have the same feeling about it as I do my Note 5. I didn't even think there was a chance that I could like a device more than my iPad. I would have to say that the Note 5 and my iPad Air 2 are neck-and-neck. In which case I would rather use the all-in-one device and save money and time. More convenient to only have to keep up with one device.

Note in my house!

Last edited:

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't blame you though. You know what works best for you. It just isn't the best option for me anymore. I have become completely smitten over the Note 5 in just over a week with it. I had my iPhone for 13 days and while I really liked the iPhone 6S, I didn't have the same feeling about it as I do my Note 5. I didn't even think there was a chance that I could like a device more than my Dad. I would have to say that the Note 5 and my iPad Air 2 are neck-and-neck. In which case I would rather use the all-in-one device and save money and time. More convenient to only have to keep up with one device.

Note in my house!

Exactly. More convenient to only have to keep up with one device. But I still have my Macs, and iPad with no plans on selling those. So I'll probably just stick with iPhone and call it a day. This ride with the Note 5 has definitely been fun.