I just want FROYO cuz of flash and various speed boosts

usagiakumu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Please I hate this phone, it was great the first month I had it, but it is insanely slow, my friend got a 30 dollar phone with 2.2 and it works great. I paid out the nose and found out that it is only 2.1. I know how to use Odin as I have had to flash back to the DL09 stock rom a few times to get some usage out of it. I use OCLF but that only works for some time. I have done a little research and I am very Linux inclined. I want an Odin rom of 2.2 without all the crap that comes with the Fascinate.

I tried to flash using CWM and all it seems to do is "force close" and vibrates and wont let me into my phone forcing me to use Odin to flash to DL09.

I am getting this [ROM] DL09 Super Clean DL30 0.7 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum DL30 rom and I am going to give CWM ONE more try.

Please give me instructions, links, apps I need. I have hacked a few Linux kernels and have done a lot of modding to systems but this is proving to give me a headache. You shouldn't have to deal with this crap from Verizon or Samsung and I am about to never buy samsung anything ever again. You shouldn't urinate on your customers, they won't like it.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Reactions: usagiakumu

usagiakumu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I love you thank you so friggen much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah OCLF will work for about a weak then it seems slower than if I had just left it stock.

usagiakumu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Eclair is fine, it isn't that I hate it, but the stuff included on the phone make it a royal pain in my rump. Up until this there has not been an easy way to do this for me. There is an app that continually asks me to pay 2 bucks a month or continue to use it after EVERY call and won't let me use my phone til I click no thanks. TW kinda sucks and I have used Android devices before, this is the first Android device I have really disliked as much as I do. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't be caught dead with an iPhone.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Eclair is fine, it isn't that I hate it, but the stuff included on the phone make it a royal pain in my rump. Up until this there has not been an easy way to do this for me. There is an app that continually asks me to pay 2 bucks a month or continue to use it after EVERY call and won't let me use my phone til I click no thanks. TW kinda sucks and I have used Android devices before, this is the first Android device I have really disliked as much as I do. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't be caught dead with an iPhone.

You should have come to me earlier i would have set you up with superdark, i love that rom and makes your phone fly.... try froyo for a little while,,,you can try superclean for EB01 ,,give it a couple weeks and alot of roms should be out for froyo.

let me know how the flash goes for you

usagiakumu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I had an older AT&T android phone, HTC Aria, and it was hacked to 2.2 like 3 days after 2.2 was released to the general public. I think there is a 2.3 rom out for it now afaik, but I sold it as I hate AT&T. Hacking it was simple, you simply plugged it into a USB port, and pushed the files with ADB, on the phone delete a file, then rebooted it, it would go looking for the .apk files and reinstall everything and it would install whatever you had on the device. I tried that on this device, but to no avail lol.

Can I get a link to superdark sil vous plait? I will try out both that and this rom, and of course mess with superclean.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I had an older AT&T android phone, HTC Aria, and it was hacked to 2.2 like 3 days after 2.2 was released to the general public. I think there is a 2.3 rom out for it now afaik, but I sold it as I hate AT&T. Hacking it was simple, you simply plugged it into a USB port, and pushed the files with ADB, on the phone delete a file, then rebooted it, it would go looking for the .apk files and reinstall everything and it would install whatever you had on the device. I tried that on this device, but to no avail lol.

Can I get a link to superdark sil vous plait? I will try out both that and this rom, and of course mess with superclean.

superdark will only work with DJ05 or DL09, so you will either have to stay where you are at to use it or flash back if you already went ahead

[ROM] Super Dark v1 - DJ05 ONLY - xda-developers

usagiakumu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
still waiting on the download as I am in a new apartment waiting on the internet to get hooked up Monday, I am tethered for the time being. Internet being only 3g so a 350MB file takes a bit to download. I will try out both I love Linux and the endless possibilities, but having Flash and Hulu will be great, but unneeded as Verizon DSL will be a 10MB connection I will simply use that.

I like Odin, its simply failsafe and works on more devices than just Samsung ones.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
still waiting on the download as I am in a new apartment waiting on the internet to get hooked up Monday, I am tethered for the time being. Internet being only 3g so a 350MB file takes a bit to download. I will try out both I love Linux and the endless possibilities, but having Flash and Hulu will be great, but unneeded as Verizon DSL will be a 10MB connection I will simply use that.

Hulu doesnt work on any android,,,its blocked for iSheep only

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

You can't watch hulu yet. Hulu blocks all android devices. :(

Sent from my Froyo Fascinate using Tapatalk.

usagiakumu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Lol obviously I will be using Flash for more than just Hulu I have a lot of flash games on a disk I wanna load onto this device just to play with.

Why would you want to block your service from showing up on devices, that would get more customers viewing your adds thus in turn making you money. I don't get how I can watch Hulu from my PC through tethering but it somehow blocks it on the device itself.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
2.2 eb01 flashed and working, I am downloading superclean 2.0 for eb01 from: [ROM Release] SuperClean v2.0 EB01 Froyo - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

How do I load it? I have no idea how. Thank you so much in advance.

you didnt have to go to there if you look at the stickys in the roms and hacks area its right there...

download the non voodoo...put it on your sd card

shut off your phone

hold vol up+down+power button, hold untill you see samsung flash twice then let go

use vol down to scroll to apply sdcard:update.zip

hit the home button

then in red recovery scroll down to install from sd card hit power button

then scroll to choose from sdcard hit power button

then scroll to super_clean_2_1_nv.zip (or somthing close to that) hit power button

hit the search button and then select reboot phone... then you should have Superclean

usagiakumu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
lol wow that was so insanely simple, Sorry I will try to keep links to stuff inside this forum, I used google and thats what I came up with, but the download link is the same in both forums, I double checked.

usagiakumu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I love the fact that it is all default Android now, it is very nice to use this device now. I am much much happier with it as a whole. I have never seen it so fast. Dude/Chic you rock, whoever you are, I owe you my gratitude for making this insanely painless for me. You sir/ma'am are truly amazing :)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I love the fact that it is all default Android now, it is very nice to use this device now. I am much much happier with it as a whole. I have never seen it so fast. Dude/Chic you rock, whoever you are, I owe you my gratitude for making this insanely painless for me. You sir/ma'am are truly amazing :)

Im a sir lol.... Congrats im happy that you are happy with the phone now, :D

and thank you :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flyveleder