I keep seeing the error message "Check your email address

J Johnston

Feb 26, 2023
Visit site
I keep seeing the error message "Check your email & password" when trying to setup Outlook app on Samsung A13 phone. The videos I've seen are telling viewers to use Imap over Pop3. I have Windows live mail on my pc with a Pop3 configuration & my iPad has a Imap configuration.
Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

J Johnston

Feb 26, 2023
Visit site
I took your advice & setup an app password, but I still have the same problem using the new password. Could this be because I'm not using a Microsoft email address like @outlook.com instead of my preferred address, which I used to create an account at this site?

J Johnston

Feb 26, 2023
Visit site
I'm not using a work account is just for home/personal use. I did manage to setup the Outlook app with a new address followed by outlook.com, & that works but I don't understand why I couldn't do this before with my old address along with password.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I assume you double-checked and triple-checked that you were entering your password completely correctly? Sometimes the same thing can trip a person up, like forgetting to capitalize a particular letter, or omitting a symbol. One thing to try might be to change the password of that account on Windows, then see if that makes a difference.

J Johnston

Feb 26, 2023
Visit site
I noticed in my windows 10 setting that I can add devices as well as phones. I did this & I think it worked even though my phone doesn't come up in the settings. I reinstalled Outlook for android & just as I finished putting in all my information, I'm getting an error message "email" timed out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv