I love the S7 Edge Camera

chefmorry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
The camera on the new S7edge is phenomenal... But I just noticed that the Vignette filter is gone in the photo editor, something I used to use often. Looks like I'm going to have to try a few third party editors.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: I love the Camera but.....

The camera on the new S7edge is phenomenal... But I just noticed that the Vignette filter is gone in the photo editor, something I used to use often. Looks like I'm going to have to try a few third party editors.

That sucks :(

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

There was't anything close to it?

rdrive41071

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site

How do low-light pics look without using the flash? Thanks

VetteVert

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Played with one at the Verizon store and there was a vignette option. My last Samsung phone was a galaxy nexus so I can't speak to how it has changes, but the option was there.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I don't use filters in my daily life, but on my Note 4 I am pretty sure you can download filters for the camera app from the Samsung Store, and it seems to me like one of the early things that was on offer was a dozen or so filters for free. Maybe check there and see if Vignette is available for you?

Edit to add: By "Samsung Store", I mean the "Galaxy Apps" app.

rdrive41071

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I don't use filters in my daily life, but on my Note 4 I am pretty sure you can download filters for the camera app from the Samsung Store, and it seems to me like one of the early things that was on offer was a dozen or so filters for free. Maybe check there and see if Vignette is available for you?

Just about any photo editing app out there has a Vignette filter. I use picsay pro app.

chefmorry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

Here is a screen shot of all available filters.

I did check to see what others were available for download, and vignette wasn't there. Very odd... Probably one of the most widely used filters.

Attachments

• 82.jpg
    82.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 129

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I did check to see what others were available for download, and vignette wasn't there. Very odd... Probably one of the most widely used filters.

Bummer.

On the rare occasion I apply filters, I like doing it later when I can experiment. Google Photos allows me to add filters (including a pretty capable variable Vignette) from the web site. There are also tons of apps that can apply various filters, and tons of camera apps that have different filters.

I'm assuming you are looking for "shoot picture with native camera app, share instantly" convenience, though. Filters are simple plugins to the camera app, so maybe Samsung will add Vignette to the Galaxy Apps selection for the S7 series if enough people ask.

ghopper141

Dec 15, 2016
Visit site
You can take vignette photos using the camera in auto mode. Just open effects, choose retro, and you two sliders will appear on screen; "Strength" and "Vignette". I know this isn't exactly what you were looking for, but it is a way to take a vignette photo initially.
Hope this helps.