I meant to delete a picture on my LG G3 but accidentally deleted the an album.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I googled how to undelete a photo and it told me to go to Gallery - then click on "trash" but I don't see trash on the list. Any help would be much appreciated

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How did you delete it -- using the stock Gallery app, the Google Photos app, or a file manager app? Was the album on Internal Storage or an SD card?

hazelinpei

Feb 16, 2018
Visit site
I'm sorry but I don't know what you mean by your questions. I am very, very non-tech oriented.

I opened my pictures on my phone. I thought that I just brought up the picture I wanted to delete and held my finger on it for a second then pressed delete. But I obviously did not something wrong because the whole album is gone.

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you remember how you opened the pictures? Did you tap one of the icons on the homescreen, like Gallery, or Photos, or Files?

Do you have an SD card (memory card) inserted into the phone? Swipe down from the top of the screen to get the notification panel, then tap the gear icon to get to the System Settings. Then find Storage. Does it mention an SD card there?

hazelinpei

Feb 16, 2018
Visit site
I clicked on the gallery icon. There were a lot of pictures that I hadn't moved into an album yet. They were just under "camera". I meant to just delete the last pictureI took but all the pictures that were not in an album are gone. I stopped at the Bell store on the way home and they told me there is no SD card.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
From the homescreen, tap your App Drawer icon (the button on the lower row that looks like a grid of dots) and look for a file manager app -- if one came preinstalled on the phone, it's probably called something like Files. Go to the directory /DCIM/Camera, and see if the photo files you're looking for are still in that directory.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Not exactly. If you have the Google Photos app installed, open it, tap the upper left menu button, and then tap Trash -- do you see any photos there?

Also, go to photos.google.com on your computer browser, log into your Google account (if not already logged in), and see if your photos are there. If you had Google Photos backup turned on, it would've been automatically backing up all of your photos. If backup isn't turned on, I highly recommend it: https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6193313?co=GENIE.Platform=Android&hl=en

hazelinpei

Feb 16, 2018
Visit site
There is nothing there. I have turned it on so all the photos that are still on my camera are now on google photos but not the ones I lost. It looks like they are gone unless you have any other suggestions. . Thank you very much for all you help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm -- my guess is that you long-pressed on the photo album, thinking it was only a single photo, and then tapped a Delete option. Since the app doesn't have a Trash feature, and since the photos were saved to Internal Storage rather than an SD card, those photos are unfortunately gone. There are ways to recover deleted files on Internal Storage, but it requires some fairly advanced knowledge, including rooting the phone: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...os/500142-guide-recovering-deleted-files.html. Recovering files from an SD card is a little easier, but that isn't relevant to you. Sorry!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar