I must resist the urge to root!

PRNmeds

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
I find my mind wandering back time and time again, suggesting that I should root, once again. I yearn to take advantage of all the cool bells and whistles, like the beautiful live wallpapers, and attractive launchers. Even the wireless tethering capabilities are calling to me, and shoot, I hardly ever take my laptop to a place where i'd need the internet from my phone running within it. I think I am just antsy for that damn 2.1 update. It not dropping when it was supposed to is driving me mad.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
i was you a couple days ago, then i finally cracked and rooted. i figured there is no reason not to. now i have everything 2.1 will offer plus alot more!! themed, overclocked, etc....

matrix2004

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
The bottom line is, even if you wait for the update the rooted ROMs are better then stock updates. So ask yourself if you want all the perks of being rooted and the souped up ROMs or the boring stock update.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
There is really no reason to wait. I thought the exact same thing as you a month ago, rooted, and never looked back.

CavemanOOGA

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I was you about 3 weeks ago. I was SOOO torn between wanting to root and not. But, like others have said, once I did I never looked back.

And they actually have custom ROM's running off the official 2.1 update for the Droid.

Just jump ship baby, its worth it.

DeeMat

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I'll admit that I was apprehensive about rooting and wanted to wait for the 2.1 OTA. Since that ain't happening, I decided to root. Now I am looking at all the ROMs out there and trying to figure out which one to try next. This is pretty cool, painless (and reversible).

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I was the same way until 2.1 was delayed yet again. So I went to UltimateDroid 7.8 with the understanding that I'll hold on to my nandroid backup of my 2.0.1 stock and when stock 2.1 hits I'll restore it and see which is better for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MusicChris63