I need a quick answer! Moment vs Hero

Droid_Moment

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I went through both phones, the moment and the hero *currently have*

I like the Hero's senseUI, I extremely love it, but it's not as fast as the Moment.
However, when I first had the Moment, the battery was killing me. So i returned it to get the HTC Hero.

Then I found out that the Moment had the update, so I'm wondering if the Moment is better than the Hero, i mean I don't mind the Hero's keyboard and everything, and then again, it's not as bulky as the Moment. I like the physical keyboard on the moment..

So for those of you who have upgraded to the new update on the Moment, is the battery life better than it was before?

I may go in tomorrow and exchange my phone, i just have to find the HTC usb cable lol

robbies7897

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
I didn't have the phone before (when I bought my new one it came with CL14 pre-installed), but as far as I can tell the battery is quite astounding for a phone with capabilities such as that. I got 17 hours today between my charges (took it off at 6AM, putting it on charge now at 12:27AM), and it just turned red. Don't let the battery scare you if you're getting a new one. Totally amazing phone...
...I'm in love lol.

Droid_Moment

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
It did scare me when I had it lol so idk if the ones from the place I will be getting the Moment at will have the ones with CL14 installed.

Guess I'll have to call and ask

Jo_795

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
i had the moment before the update and my battery was longer.. and I switch it to a moment with the cl14 preinstalled the battery is a little less but what am i complaning. moment cl05 - 13 hr battery cl14 - 10 hr. this is my experience but i mean that kicks ass for even 10 hrs.. my curve only lasted 5 hours so yea...

njbianco#AC

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
i had the moment before the update and my battery was longer.. and I switch it to a moment with the cl14 preinstalled the battery is a little less but what am i complaning. moment cl05 - 13 hr battery cl14 - 10 hr. this is my experience but i mean that kicks ass for even 10 hrs.. my curve only lasted 5 hours so yea...

My phones battery has been extremely better with cl14. But strange your curve only lasted 5 hours ive owned the curve and currently own the 9630 as my messaging phone on top of my moment for everything else and the battery on my blackberry is just amazing. Id use my blackberry with heavy usage all day and by bed time it would be 50% or above. You must of had a bad battery in your old curve 8330. My old curve 8330 had better battery life then tour 9630 witch battery is also amazing.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I have a hero, and I won't leave it for anything short of the supersonic. i haven't really played with the Moment, but the thought of Vanilla scares me after getting so used to SenseUI. Having said that, I understand what you mean about lag, if I have multiple things open, the keyboard starts to lag, but I think I've found a way to keep that from happening to me. I had a pre, and while the physical keyboard is more responsive than the virtual keyboard, its all a matter of size. The Moment has a large keyboard, which I would imagine is nice. Its all about preference. Either way, it sounds like you will get a well built phone. As said, coming from a pre, that says a lot!

Jo_795

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
My phones battery has been extremely better with cl14. But strange your curve only lasted 5 hours ive owned the curve and currently own the 9630 as my messaging phone on top of my moment for everything else and the battery on my blackberry is just amazing. Id use my blackberry with heavy usage all day and by bed time it would be 50% or above. You must of had a bad battery in your old curve 8330. My old curve 8330 had better battery life then tour 9630 witch battery is also amazing.

i never thought of it i jsut assumed it was like that.. but yea my curve battery sucks very big balls. im very happy with my moment since the battery lasts more then the curve..

Droid_Moment

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
So I instead went to the moment, I did noticed it had C14 on it as well, we'll see how long the battery lasts, it's currently charging.

Jo_795

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
in my experience and opinion i say CDMA will always drain faster then GSM phones. I mean look at sprint and verizon both are great carriers providing real 3g data through your phone of course it will drain. its like data bieng push 24/7 while gsm has the cheaper 3g

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I have the Hero & my fiance has the Momeny so I've used them both. I hate the Moment's keyboard, but I could be used to the keyboard my Curve 8330 had (and my PPC6700 before that). If you like the Hero, why switch back?

Droid_Moment

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I had the Curve 8330 (went through 3 on purpose to get the Tour) I didn't want to pay the extreme amount of money for just upgrading WAY early, and I didn't have it then so I got a Tour for 3 bucks (paid for shipping and handling) I come from a Blackberry background as well lol and I Just had to have a keyboard.

I didn't like all touch screen phones because of having experience with my ipod touch, yeah, yeah, I know you can't compare both because they have different screen responses and different phones, but it just bugged the crap out of me not having a physical keyboard and I missed my Tour as well JUST when I got used to the keyboard on it.

I switched back to the Moment, because it's the first initial phone I had with since the Tour, well I did have the Pixi when I first signed up with Sprint because I only had $30 bucks with me at the time, and I REALLY liked the keyboard on that phone, but the screen was too small, and it looked girly, so it was not the phone for me.

I went with the Hero because the Beautiful Widget just did not cut it and it wasn't like the real thing, I only got the Hero because of the weather graphics, and i came to love the phone, just that it was all touch screen, and I am constantly busy that It would annoy me when I would try to type something fast, and it would stall and lag, and then it wouldn't be the right word because of the word prediction yeah.

I was going to go with the Pixi back because of the keyboard, and I didn't want to get eh Moment because of the battery power, and how sucky it was when I first had it. I miss the senseUI and I am hoping someone can come up with a senseUI rom for the moment sometimes, the widgets and skins for it isn't cutting it lol.

My moment's battery power now is amazing, I can actually be out for 10+ hours and it'll still be at 50%.

I am now content

I hope that HTC comes out with an android phone with a physical keyboard and a faster processor, I would probably not leave my phone out of site if HTC came with snapdragon lol
Thank you all for your responses sorry for it being too long too

Last edited:

robbies7897

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
No problem, though I doubt I helped much lol. I too love my battery power (having 10+ hours to talk; and I'm a VERY heavy texter lol). I came from a Samsung Upstage-horrendous battery, then to Blackberry Pearl-ok battery but not enough customization (almost no one makes Pearl themes anymore lol) and it was laggy as all get out!

Since getting my Moment, I have only had a few problems, but nothing that a simple reboot hasn't fixed!

l0v3mon3y08

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
I want the moment...... keyboard on hero lags waaaaaaaaaay too much and senseUI *IMO* is just for show other than that i'd rather have the moment

jtbledo85

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
well i just joined sprint and the first phone i got was the moment - loved it took it back cause the batt was awful and the phone itself kept messin up and got another one and basically the same thing. well after having it a week i went up to the sprint store tday and exchanged it for the hero and i really like it, it dont have a actual keyboard but the one on landscape is actually pretty good i think better than the iphone JMO.. and the phone its self i really hadnt messed with to long but i like it so far.

fatsack

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
here's my 2 cents...

i bought the moment 3 weeks ago had it for about 5 days got the cl14 update and still the battery was real badd!! everything else was great.but i took it back and got the hero in 8 days i went through 4 heros. 3 of them the track ball kept getting stuck and hard to roll, the other got dust inside the screen i think from being inside my pockets???? i also had problems with the all the heros not being able to play alot of youtube videos. also i did not feel good about the trackball sticking out so far it always seems like everytime i put it in my holster it's pressing on the trackball. and the keyboard sucks.. always pressing the wrong keys. and when you use google you cant flip the screen your stuck using the upright keyboard
so... i returned it and went back to the moment.this one came with the cl14 update. i love it except for the battery life. i never had to charge any of my phones everyday.

so i say the moment works best for me for what i want to do with it.
overall a much faster user friendly phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OppositeStruggle1980