I need APPS2SD help

tommygatz

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I just rooted my Sprint HTC Hero last night for the first time, and flashed DamageControl v2 on it and i love everything so far. Ive read that partitioning the SD card and installing APPS2SD helps the phone run much smoother, as all the apps will run off the card. Im really not sure how to go about installing this, or where to get the program from in the first place...or is it included in damage control's ROM already? I already backed up my sd card, partitioned ext for 786 MB, and the rest FAT (i have a 4GB card). so i should be all set to install it i assume...any help would be appreciated! thanks!!

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Did you patition it on the phone? Did you upgrade EXT2 to EXT3? If the answer to either or both of these, that could be the problem. Also, there was a patch that had to be flashed, then open up comand prompt on your computer,
Type this in order:
cd c:\android-sdk-windows\tools (or wherever you have installed the sdk)
adb remount
adb shell
busybox --install /system/xbin
mkdir /system/sd
a2sd
exit (wait until its done doing its thing, you should see # when its done)
restart your phone after the prompt is done spewing and you're all set.

tommygatz

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
thanks for the info rufflez, how will i know when it is working though? will i be able to see my apps installed on the sdcard or something? also, does this speed up the phone as i assumed it would?

tommygatz

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
crap, now im having problems connecting my hero to my computer, for some reason the drivers were lost and says there are none installed for the phone, yet when i try to manually install them, it says there are none found... wtf?

EDIT: nevermind...all set.

UPDATE: so i tried the commands you posted for me, and had trouble at "a2sd". could it be that that file was not included in the ROM?

EDIT...again: nevermind...im answering my own questions. a patch was posted on the original site, im gonna flash that and try it out. thanks for all your help though!

Last edited:

oluvinu

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi
How do I add apps2sd.

If I take my 2 gb SD card out and put my 8gb card in will it have problem with the 2.1 update with gumbo and superuset and market fix??? I did option 3 of sprint leak so o cab reflas with official update if I decide on it.

How do I remove sprint bloatware apps ?? Lol,I don't do amazon or footbal or nascar

oluvinu

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
hello need help with removing sprint apps sdcard swap

Hi
How do I add apps2sd.

If I take my 2 gb SD card out and put my 8gb card in will it have problem with the 2.1 update with gumbo and superuset and market fix??? I did option 3 of sprint leak so o cab reflas with official update if I decide on it.

How do I remove sprint bloatware apps ?? Lol,I don't do amazon or footbal or nascar

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Astro for my file manager/task killer right now, and I just backed up my apps to my SD Card using said file manager, so I'm assuming that my apps and sms messages with Handcent are backed up? Just in case I want to do a nandroid backup/restore.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Astro for my file manager/task killer right now, and I just backed up my apps to my SD Card using said file manager, so I'm assuming that my apps and sms messages with Handcent are backed up? Just in case I want to do a nandroid backup/restore.

I don't think it will backup the sms,try titaniun backup for them.