I need help

KKVinayKumar

Oct 8, 2019
Visit site
Hi, guys I am new to this forum for 5 years I was Windows Phone(Nokia Lumia 925) user and yesterday I have switched to Android. My phone is LG W30 comes with stock Android Pie and I have few things that I want to get sorted please help me I am relying on you guys.
Here are few things for which I want your help:

1)Contacts: How to make it display only contacts with phone number? If there is no way please suggest me an app that does this and also has dark theme.

2)YouTube: How to set YouTube app to not play videos when I click on the thumbnails. I want videos to be stopped because sometimes I would like to read comments before playing videos. If it cannot be done please suggest me an app that does this(it should be ad free in app).

3)Outlook app: I have installed Outlook app and whenever an new email arrives it doesn't show notification light. How to customise the quick action options shown in notification bar? How to enable this? Is this a bug?

4)Equaliser: My phone doesn't come with equaliser please suggest me an app that has good equalisers and allows me to set custom equalisers.

5)Message app: How to customise swipe actions in message app? I would like to delete message on right swipe and mark as read on left swipe.

6)Gmail app: How to disable this app. I don't want it to work in background since I am using Outlook app there is no need for Gmail app.

7)Pre-installed apps: How to uninstall pre-installed apps such as News?

8)Camera: Colours in camera are too bright and over saturated and show too much of colour. How to adjust these parameters? If it cannot be done please suggest me an app that allows me to do that.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, guys I am new to this forum for 5 years I was Windows Phone(Nokia Lumia 925) user and yesterday I have switched to Android. My phone is LG W30 comes with stock Android Pie and I have few things that I want to get sorted please help me I am relying on you guys.
Here are few things for which I want your help:

1)Contacts: How to make it display only contacts with phone number? If there is no way please suggest me an app that does this and also has dark theme.

2)YouTube: How to set YouTube app to not play videos when I click on the thumbnails. I want videos to be stopped because sometimes I would like to read comments before playing videos. If it cannot be done please suggest me an app that does this(it should be ad free in app).

3)Outlook app: I have installed Outlook app and whenever an new email arrives it doesn't show notification light. How to customise the quick action options shown in notification bar? How to enable this? Is this a bug?

4)Equaliser: My phone doesn't come with equaliser please suggest me an app that has good equalisers and allows me to set custom equalisers.

5)Message app: How to customise swipe actions in message app? I would like to delete message on right swipe and mark as read on left swipe.

6)Gmail app: How to disable this app. I don't want it to work in background since I am using Outlook app there is no need for Gmail app.

8)Camera: Colours in camera are too bright and over saturated and show too much of colour. How to adjust these parameters? If it cannot be done please suggest me an app that allows me to do that.
Hi, welcome to AC forums!
Would you like me to get a Mod to move your question to LG Forum?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
In the meantime let's see if I can help with some .

Question 1>check in your phone dialer app in settings see if that option available.

Question 6> long press Gmail >tap info >on the top choose disable .

Question 7> long press those apps >tap info see if option to uninstall or disable

Other questions will be for people that own the device.

KKVinayKumar

Oct 8, 2019
Visit site
In the meantime let's see if I can help with some .

Question 1>check in your phone dialer app in settings see if that option available.

Question 6> long press Gmail >tap info >on the top choose disable .

Question 7> long press those apps >tap info see if option to uninstall or disable

Other questions will be for people that own the device.

Thanks for the reply.
For question 1>There is no such option for that in dialer app.
For question 6 and 7 I have disabled them both.
As for other questions I don't think they are device dependent.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

See if the section on LG UX helps here: https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/hide-contacts-dont-have-phone-numbers-android-0184870/

I don't think there's a way to prevent that. You can turn off auto-play for the next video in a playlist, and you can turn off auto-play in your main YouTube feed, but tapping a video thumbnail will always make it start. It's unlikely that there's a legitimate 3rd party solution, since that would probably violate YouTube's terms of service.

Are you using the stock LG messaging app? The stock apps typically don't have features like this. You could try a 3rd party SMS app like Textra.

Go to Settings>Apps, select Gmail, then Disable.

Most preinstalled bloatware can't be removed unless you root the phone. At best, you might be able to Disable them (which reverts the app back to its factory version and then prevents it from opening into RAM or updating again). Go to Settings>Apps, select the app, and see if there's a Disable button there.

Do they only look oversaturated on the phone screen, or also when you view them elsewhere? Are there any settings in the Camera's menu that might help, like filters, or HDR modes?

KKVinayKumar

Oct 8, 2019
Visit site
since that would probably violate YouTube's terms of service.

Why would stopping the video from playing will violate YouTube's terms of service? Its funny.

Are you using the stock LG messaging app?

Yes, I am using stock app that comes with Android Pie.

Do they only look oversaturated on the phone screen, or also when you view them elsewhere? Are there any settings in the Camera's menu that might help, like filters, or HDR modes?

Yes, they do look over-saturated every where even in PC.

See if the section on LG UX helps here

There is not such option present in the app. LG hasn't customised anything in this phone as I have said earlier this phone comes with stop Android Pie.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Why would stopping the video from playing will violate YouTube's terms of service? Its funny.

What I mean is that a 3rd party app would likely be one that also shows the videos, which would violate the terms of service. My guess is that Google also doesn't want any developers to be tinkering with YouTube's inner workings, adding any sort of "plug-in."

There is not such option present in the app. LG hasn't customised anything in this phone as I have said earlier this phone comes with stop Android Pie.

In that case, try one of the 3rd party contact apps mentioned in the article.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, well, it looks like there are a number of 3rd party YouTube "wrapper" apps in the Play Store, so maybe that might be an option (I was thinking more of an app that actually shows the native video as violating the terms of service, not ones that essentially repackage the website). All YouTube apps for Windows Phone were wrapper apps -- i.e., they were just modified versions of the web version of YouTube. So you could try out the various wrappers available for YouTube in the Play Store and see if you can find one with that feature. Sorry, I don't know of any one in particular.

This might be one to start with: Fast Tube