I need to save money with Google Voice?

hakoreh

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Hey

I am paying way too much to my wireless carrier right now for minutes and data usage. Switching to another carrier is out of the question. I do have a Google Voice account and I can get a Gizmo5 account. What I don't understand is can I make free outgoing calls via this setup and receive free incoming calls using my existing cell phone number?

So say someone calls 718.... will it get forwarded to my Google Voice number with this Gizmo5 setup?

I know if I give people my Google Voice number, then in order for me to get free calls (incoming at least) I have to always have the Google Voice number on my Caller ID. But I can't not know who's calling? (I know there is a screening option but it hardly works).

Please clear up these questions for me as I'd like to set it up but I'm not going to do it and come up with problems later which I can only fix by going back to my original setup.

Thanks

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
If you have Verizon or T-mobile you can just add the call center (the place that reroutes your call using your Google Voice number to the person you're calling) to your Fave5 or Friends & Family, and then set your Google Voice number as another myFave or Friends & Family number. Voila! Should be free.

weirdkid

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
You can also change Google Voice so that it shows who's calling instead of your Google number.

As for what JorgeOlivera said about adding your call center, I'm not sure if it's just me or everyone, but that number changes a lot for me so I couldn't add it to my myfaves.