Visit site
I’ve car headunit with andoid 10 and wanna to update to android 11
Model number: sp7731_1h10_native
I tried to update but every time i fail can anyone help me please

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Most of these Android head units are from no-name or off-brand companies direct from China, which have zero support. They'll pretty much never get any official updates. You could check the forums at XDA-Developers.com to see if anyone has created a custom ROM for that specific head unit, but it's very unlikely.

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
I wasn't even aware that some head units were running Android as their OS. I know most of them nowadays are capable of hosting both Android Auto and Apple Car Play, for connections with both Android and Apple phones. However, how would one even know that an Android based head unit might benefit from an update, and would those sorts of updates be even aligned with phone Android OS updates?

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
The update frequency and os would totally be up to the manufacturer. Apps it think would be separate.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't even aware that some head units were running Android as their OS. I know most of them nowadays are capable of hosting both Android Auto and Apple Car Play, for connections with both Android and Apple phones. However, how would one even know that an Android based head unit might benefit from an update, and would those sorts of updates be even aligned with phone Android OS updates?

Oh, there are plenty of these head units -- just do a search on Amazon, or less savory marketplaces like Aliexpress or Wish. It's like those cheapo Android smartwatches that try to run full Android (and not Wear OS).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevnew1