I spilled milk on my Nexus 7 and need help.

kal1209

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I accidentally spilled some milk on my Nexus 7. Some of it went into the headphone jack and started making clicking sounds like I was typing. After tapping the top of the device on my bed to get the milk out it seems perfectly normal. Is it this durable or did I just get lucky? I have geek squad accidental protection with it but I don't see a reason to bring it to them since it works fine. Thank you.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I accidentally spilled some milk on my Nexus 7. Some of it went into the headphone jack and started making clicking sounds like I was typing. After tapping the top of the device on my bed to get the milk out it seems perfectly normal. Is it this durable or did I just get lucky? I have geek squad accidental protection with it but I don't see a reason to bring it to them since it works fine. Thank you.

Keep an eye on it over the next few days. I think you made a major withdraw from the Luck Bank.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
What should I look for? I can't believe I was this lucky. Even when I shake it it doesn't sound like there's any liquid in there.

Just the device acting weird. Mostly if the screen acts up or the headphones.

Deanig_12

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
What should I look for? I can't believe I was this lucky. Even when I shake it it doesn't sound like there's any liquid in there.

I wouldnt be too sure on luck as you will have to monitor it as my friend did this then 7 days later her phone fried so she had to get a replacement just keep an eye on it like other people have said:)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using AC Forums mobile app

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
It'll likely be OK, but if your N7 acts up, no use crying over spilled milk. :-D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
That's gonna smell great in a few days :D

If it's working then don't sweat it!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
No use crying over spilled milk.

Seriously you might want to spray some contact cleaner into the jack but aside from that I don't think you have to worry, if it's working then you are OK. Milk isn't corrosive so I don't think it will do any long term damage.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samsun_Galacticus