I think I bricked my Optimus S... Help please!

phuckwithfire

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I updated from ThundeRom 1.6 to 1.7 yesterday, and everything went smoothly, except, for some reason, I was only getting 1X service no matter where I was. I cleared all data and reflashed and was getting 3G. Upon using Titanium to restore all my apps, the phone went back from 3G to 1X, so I figured it was one of the apps. Instead of uninstalling them one by one to try to isolate it to a single app, I figured I just clear them all and start from scratch like I've done so many times in the process of learning from my mistakes... Instead of clearing data from recovery, I apparently made the mistake of resetting to factory settings within the OS. Now, every time I turn on my phone/reboot/pull the battery out and put it back in, it goes straight in to recovery... PLEASE tell me my phone isn't a just a paperweight now... I can't afford another one. Any help will be very much appreciated. Thanks.

oneme

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
i havent even rooted this optimus s i have. i am an evo user. you are not bricked. if you can get into recovery you should be able to reflash your rom. i dont know the exact steps for the optimus. check in some evo forums to get the gist. once i root this one im messing with. i will be able to give you more info. hang in there.

justlovejoy

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I followed instructions to go back to mv9 last night and recovered from a similar situation. try it. dnt have a link but search threads and find it quick. if you are on mv9 go up to vc. it should recover your semi brick.