I think I smell a rat with the EVO's camera

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I've expressed my concern before about the low light video recording of the this phone. Last night I was playing around with the slow motion recording feature and noticed something. Although it wasn't adjusting the exposure too much while recording, the frame rate was consistent when panning, moving in & out, etc..

What really caught my attention was how smooth the video looked when recording. It looked like it was using de-judder or motion smoothing processing the entire time. There was little to no lag or frame skipping. Akin to what is used to give the smooth motion effect in flat panel TVs.Of course when I played the video it was a different story.

With that being said, is it possible that the recording fps issue is a software problem? Also if it is indeed using some type of motion smoothing processing, can it be applied to normal recording?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

gruppe3942#AC

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I would think so .... and here is why.

If you look at the DEV s3 forums there is a guy who made a mod that increased the audio rate and also the video FPS.

I would think this would be the same issue.

I remember back with the EVO 4G....when first released the FPS was capped but was later fixed by a hack.

hope this helps.

zjaksn10

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
My moms HTC Vivid got the ICS Sense 3.5 update and it has the slow motion video and her's during playback was really smooth and a lot better quality compared to my EVO LTE. Hopefully just a issue a update will be out for soon. Sense 3.5 is a lot better than Sense 4.0 just to add.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anonymous Jones