I understand now why HTC is second best and Sprint a distant 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Because they're both incapable of delivering a product that people want in a timely manner.

Facts: US Customs release a product 4 days ago, a product which had a hard release date, pre-orders, etc

Fact: As of today - the only ones getting any types of phones are those with Pre-Orders...why? Because it's the only stock allocated to actually go out the door. Yeah, good job Sprint and HTC - make sure that people who have money to spend on phones who don't particularly want to give you money in advance for nothing CAN'T get a hold of your products....great business model

Oh, and what's that Sprint" "You have no idea when you might announce a release date?" Well why the hell would you need a "release date" when you've already announced and missed one. Even people at Bestbuy are stupified by this - the last two stores I've talked to have said "Yeah, we only got the pre-orders...and just the amount for pre-orders we had...we have no information from either Sprint or HTC about when we might possibly have stock...and we have had tons of requests.

So on a holiday weekend - maybe 1% of the sales you might have gotten, are not going to happen - not online, not through retail...and you refuse to give any information to anyone who might be looking for it.

You guys are both "second best" for a reason...you make it hard for people to spend money.

Idiots....I was on the fence about the EVO LTE because of the whole "there's no LTE thing" but figured I could make it by until it got turned on this summer - it's a helluva device, and after having seen one of my co-workers with one...I was all but ready to go out, sign another agreement to bring my wife over to Sprint, and get her a phone... but now, I'm going to wait for the Galaxy S 3 out of spite and contempt for how this whole nonsense occurred, and to a greater extent - it's HTC's fault at every turn (Sprint, I'm just pissed at because of a lack of communication)

1. HTC failed to get the product cleared with the ITC before shipping it - resulting in a Customs inspection

2. The inspection actually goes faster than expected, and HTC fails to get the phone to it's suppliers in 4 freaking days - which may not sound like a lot - but is MORE than ample time for distribution

3. HTC refuses to comment on the situation - and the people who actually want to buy their devices sit in an information vacuum

Wonder why your market share is in the toilet? It's not because produce a bad device, the thing is beautiful - but you suck at "getting it" to the people who want it.

Jack

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: I understand now why HTC is second best and Sprint a distant

I get you're upset but you're definitely blowing this way out of proportion.

It's just a phone and you will get it.

Reactions: Wiley_11 and Ry

Change

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

jesus-says-meme-generator-jesus-says-u-mad-bro-22a51e.jpg

Reactions: Wiley_11 and Ry

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

Lmao. Someone pissed in this guys Cheerios.

Lol - I'm actually more frustrated that HTC is pooping in their own.

All I keep hearing is that
"HTC is making strides"
"It's amazing what they've done to listen to Customers and actually make changes..."
"look at the improvements"
"they're a distant second to Samsung..."
blah blah blah -

and I used to be in the "yeah, that's kind of unfair" camp - I thought the HTC phones pre-EVO3d and Sensation were amazing. I was a Blackberry (and advocate) addict until I got to play with the OG EVO, which sold me on the Android platform as a whole (had played with the Nexus a bit - and hadn't been that impressed previously)...so I was on HTC's side...big time.

Then, I got the Sensation 4g - which, I'd call "a pile" and from what I saw of the Evo3d...it was just a "faster pile" - Sense got so bloated, so overbearing...not to mention I went through four of the damn things that would just "stop working" one day (which I still attribute to Sense asking for too much, overheating and then killing the phone) - but imagine my excitement to see the HTC One X - then unabashedly get more and more excited as it came to the states and got faster, and then - the creme de la creme - it getting it's own "EVO" branded version which was actually better.

Now here I sit, wanting to buy a device that's out in the wild - and the idiots that make it can't get it somewhere where I can purchase it - and have done even worse to ensure that pre-orders were fulfilled before a holiday weekend without actually having retail units out in the wild...what the hell??? Is your intention, HTC, to want to piss people off who were looking at phones and say "Well...I can't get what I want...oh look...something that's worse...I guess I'll have to buy that?" - Christ... It's not like they're Apple, they're not even Samsung - they don't have a MASS of loyal followers who will wait on this thing to come out...not anymore. Every day the EVO 4g LTE sits in a warehouse is another day that more people say to themselves "Well...maybe I should wait and see the Galaxy S 3" and HTC can't afford for that to happen

So yes, I do get pissy when I see companies set themselves up for failure - particularly when they have a decent product to sell and could be selling it.

Jack

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

I get you're upset but you're definitely blowing this way out of proportion.

It's just a phone and you will get it.

But that's the point - I won't....nothing, sans something from like HTC or Sprint announcing that I can walk into a store Today and pick one up...will convince me to get one. And the of it is - I know that it's a superior device, I know that it'll be at least as powerful (and probably have a better screen) as the Galaxy S 3 - I know, that I could be using it in the shorter term, I know that it's far superior to anything I can get for the next two to three months and is superior to other versions of the same device (SD Card)...but I won't buy it.

Because I fundamentally believe that the best way to get your point across to a company who is messing up - is to do it with my wallet.

Jack

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

Well the phone is pretty sweet.

Agreed - one of my staff got hers this morning - really pushed me over the fence about waiting on LTE to get turned on - it's that good...it's so good it's worth having a terrible connectivity experience in the short term to justify getting it now.

Sadly, HTC and Sprint want to be logistical s about the whole thing

JoshK

May 30, 2010
Visit site

I think it is mostly on Sprint for not securing merchandise before selling it, that's simply unprofessional. HTC holds some blame but for me I hold HTC responsible for the quality of my phone and that's it, I have my cell service with Sprint so it's all on them. Especially if Sprint distributes them to 3rd parties.

svinyard

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

I have one in my large hand right now. I'm not mad, I just pre-ordered one Wednesday. Easy.

I traded in my EVO3D for 110$, got 50$ extra for pre-ordering AND got another 50$ for upgrading with a new 2yr contract. All the while I am only 11months into my contract. So yeah, they gave me money to buy the best phone on the planet and I had to wait an extra week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Wiley_11

Buckeyes

May 31, 2010
Visit site

How about releasing every single phone available, pre ordered or not! I understand it's a great phone and like I said, I'll buy it and pay full price, but why not sell every single phone? Strange logic on the part of both Sprint and HTC.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

I have one in my large hand right now. I'm not mad, I just pre-ordered one Wednesday. Easy.

I traded in my EVO3D for 110$, got 50$ extra for pre-ordering AND got another 50$ for upgrading with a new 2yr contract. All the while I am only 11months into my contract. So yeah, they gave me money to buy the best phone on the planet and I had to wait an extra week.

You're an idiot, sack up Nancy.

Thanks for insulting me personally - that was called for. But hey, it's up to you - I don't give my money in anyone in advance for something I don't have in my hand...why should I let me money earn someone else interest...you choose to do so, that's on you.

Jack

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

Wait, so you're complaining because HTC and Sprint decided to fulfill pre orders first?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yeah...actually I am frustrated with the whole situation - but it's like this:

There's stock somewhere sitting in a warehouse that isn't being sold.
Pre-orders should have totally been pre-filled first...and I get that....should people with preorders have exclusive rights to a product...hell no.
If there was limited stock, that would be one thing - this is about HTC/Sprint (whoever) not releasing stock first....they didn't even bother to send it to the stores or Best Buy (for example) - they only sent out pre-orders.

There's more stock waiting at Brightstar, whatever other Sprint warehouses...that's not being distributed..and no one's saying why. Guess what, anyone with any sort of basic economics will tell you that if inventory is sitting on a shelf - it's loosing you money...Great strategy HTC!

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjogi3777