I uninstalled some vendor packages, now I've lost gestures

awj

May 5, 2016
Visit site
I was uninstalling some never-used, vendor-installed packages from my OnePlus 6 (OnePlus Gallery, Google Duo, etc.). Then I noticed that although I can swipe from the left to go back, swiping up from the bottom does nothing - it neither returns me to the home screen nor brings up a list of all running apps.

Here's a list of packages that I uninstalled...

- Google Drive (com.google.android.apps.docs)
- Google Duo (com.google.android.apps.tachyon)
- OnePlus File Manager (com.oneplus.filemanager)
- OnePlus Gallery (com.oneplus.gallery)
- OnePlus Games (com.oneplus.gamespace)
- GMail (com.google.android.gm)
- Google Assistant (com.android.hotwordenrollment.okgoogle and com.android.hotwordenrollment.xgoogle)
- Google TV (com.google.android.videos)
- OnePlus icon packs
(com.oneplus.iconpack.oneplush2
com.oneplus.iconpack.oneplus
com.oneplus.iconpack.circle
com.oneplus.iconpack.square
com.oneplus.iconpack.onepluso2)
- OnePlus Launcher (net.oneplus.launcher)
- I later reinstalled this to see if it was the cause (it wasn't).
- OnePlus Wallpaper (com.oneplus.wallpaper)
- OnePlus Widget (net.oneplus.widget)
- Shot on OnePlus (cn.oneplus.photos)
- YT Music (com.google.android.apps.youtube.music)
- OnePlus Zen Mode (com.oneplus.brickmode)

The instructional animation in Settings > Gestures explains that the swipe-up option should be recognised, but it isn't. It's as if my phone no longer recognises that I'm swiping-up from the bottom.

Does anyone know which of those packages caused me to lose my swipe-up-from-the-bottom gesture?

Screenshot_20220911-104917.jpg

UPDATE

I've found that reinstalling the OnePlus Launcher worked. I could then install another launcher and got everything back to normal. (I was using Evie Launcher, which no longer seems to be available, so I've installed Nova Launcher and set this as the default.)

Last edited:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
The stock launcher handles many more things than just your home screen. Even using a third party launcher as default you need to keep it enabled to avoid problems.