I was forced to factory reset my galaxy s7 after a system update and lost all my photos and data.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I had no backup and would like to recover my internal storage before the drive completely rewrites on top of it. I have seen solutions such as rooting my phone and using a third party software. Has anyone tried this? Has anyone been successful in recovering their lost data after a factory reset? There needs to be a solution :( how is it possible to convict people of crimes by uncovering lost data and we can't get our own lost data from our own internal storage???? They say that anything done on a phone is never truly erased. I hope this is true, as my pictures from the last two years are very important to me as they were graduation and family reunion photos.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
After a factory reset, usually not. A factory reset is more than just deleting files (which leave almost all of the file, it just gets marked "deleted" - a factory reset erases storage).

You can always try - it can't hurt - but I think you'll find that recovery apps aren't going to find much. (Which is why all computers, phones or anything else, should always be backed up off site - like to your Google account.) You can try Google Photos to see if the pictures are still there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12