I was told NO early upgrade because....

TheJediGoddess

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I am so ticked. My upgrade is in July 2012. I read the about early upgrades and I thought I'd try to get it moved up. The lady quoted me 55.00 for Evo 4g LTE then she said "Oh wait, the only problem is the nearest store that is participating in the buy up program is in Nashville." I'm in Chattanooga so I say to her "What does this mean for me?" She went on to say that only certain stores are participating in the buyup program and that if you are not by one of those select stores then you can't get the early upgrade. She said that a lot of stores offered the "early upgrade" buyup program b/c they were not getting business. I told the rep I realized she was doing her job and held no ill will towards her but I asked for a supervisor--the supervisor said the same thing. So I said you mean to tell me that for SOME customers you are going to allow the buy-up program--even if their upgrade is next year but for those of us who are only two months away I can't get it :eek:? It's not fair to customer?s period. We are all paying customers and should have the same options across the board. I think it is a total cluster F on their part to allow some stores to do it and others not. I am going to email customer care and if I get the same response who knows what I might do? I don't like to "threaten" to cancel but I have been a loyal customer for 11 years now. This is not right. Anyone else experience this issue? I am fumming.

rajamahal

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I am so ticked. My upgrade is in July 2012. I read the about early upgrades and I thought I'd try to get it moved up. The lady quoted me 55.00 for Evo 4g LTE then she said "Oh wait, the only problem is the nearest store that is participating in the buy up program is in Nashville." I'm in Chattanooga so I say to her "What does this mean for me?" She went on to say that only certain stores are participating in the buyup program and that if you are not by one of those select stores then you can't get the early upgrade. She said that a lot of stores offered the "early upgrade" buyup program b/c they were not getting business. I told the rep I realized she was doing her job and held no ill will towards her but I asked for a supervisor--the supervisor said the same thing. So I said you mean to tell me that for SOME customers you are going to allow the buy-up program--even if their upgrade is next year but for those of us who are only two months away I can't get it :eek:? It's not fair to customer’s period. We are all paying customers and should have the same options across the board. I think it is a total cluster F on their part to allow some stores to do it and others not. I am going to email customer care and if I get the same response who knows what I might do? I don't like to "threaten" to cancel but I have been a loyal customer for 11 years now. This is not right. Anyone else experience this issue? I am fumming.

That kinda blows, too bad for you the rest of us will get the sweet phone next week! #rubitin

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
i did the buy out program over the phone. no need to go into a store. the buy back program is different, that's when you let sprint buy back your old phone. the corp store close to me bought my old evo back for $70. the buy out and buy back are 2 different program. i think the rep that helped you was a little confused.

Reactions: TheJediGoddess

TheJediGoddess

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
i did the buy out program over the phone. no need to go into a store. the buy back program is different, that's when you let sprint buy back your old phone. the corp store close to me bought my old evo back for $70. the buy out and buy back are 2 different program. i think the rep that helped you was a little confused.

I fired off an email to customer care so we'll see how that goes. I generally have more luck w/ them vs. those on the phone. I'm telling you, I am relentless when arguing and I won't stop. Just ask Xfinity. When they blocked the HBOGo App from Xbox 360, I emailed, called, posted on their facebook page DAILY. It was an obsession. Lots of us were doing it and we finally got HBOGo. If Sprint wants to go a couple of rounds, I'm down. Anyone got some vaseline so that I can grease up my face? If Sprint had their way, they'd give it to me with no vaseline and void my upgrade all together. Jerks.

cmandd

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Call back, ask to speak to "Account Services". Front line CS is ignorant of this program and we have been fighting against it for months. The rep confused the program, some stores are able to process the entire transaction (taking the fee, moving the date up, doing the upgrade), with others Account Services has to take the fee (adding to your bill) and move the date, then the corp store can process the upgrade.

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
That's strange I did by mine over the phone and had no problems. They actually gave me an option of doing it over the phone or if haven't preordered to so it at one of the main stores near by. San Jose, ca by the way.

TheJediGoddess

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
That's strange I did by mine over the phone and had no problems. They actually gave me an option of doing it over the phone or if haven't preordered to so it at one of the main stores near by. San Jose, ca by the way.

Since I have been with Sprint, I've heard about how awful their customer service was. I didn't experience it personally until today. So There was the fiasco where the lady told me COMPLETELY inaccurate information. Then "Chris" from Sprint Cares calls and quotes me a totally different price of 115 and was completely rude about it. I ended up hanging up on him and calling to talk to Account Services. They basically told me that because the first lady didn't notate my account they could not confirm what price she quoted me. I've never known of a company that makes the customer pay because their rep did not do their job. I work for a huge healthcare company and regardless to if its noted or not, if we gave out benefits information inaccurately we will make it right by way of an "exception." I'm so over them. They could mess up a wet dream.

Treadhead

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
My upgrade date is June 1st. The best offer I have been able to get so far is that I can PRE-ORDER on May 19th! I had to laugh at that!

mykrlz182

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
It's weird how everyone has had so many different experiences! I tried to get my upgrade move up from July 1 2012 to May 1 to get the Evo on release day. First I tried online chat and they told me they weren't able to do this online. They said to try sprint stores in my area. I said screw that and decided to call sprint instead, the customer service rep was awesome. He told me that he could move up the upgrade to reflect May 1st, for a $45 fee. He also informed me that if I waited until June 18 I could upgrade with no fee, but me being impatient I told him I'd pay the fee. So he move up my upgrade, I then immediately called up Wirefly and got the Evo for 119.99 no tax free shipping! I'll be putting my Evo 3D on sale on Craigslist hopefully I can get at least 140 or 150 and I'm a happy camper :D

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMA17