Ice Cream Sandwhich on Xoom?

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
"Our goal with Ice Cream Sandwich is to deliver one operating system that works everywhere, regardless of device. Ice Cream Sandwich will bring everything you love about Honeycomb on your tablet to your phone, including the holographic user interface, more multitasking, the new launcher and richer widgets."

Official Google Blog: Android: momentum, mobile and more at Google I/O

And,

Google Android Ice Cream Sandwich to end fragmentation - Australian tech blog, podcast, reviews, photos - techAU

That's awesome and IMO, how it should be.

Reactions: weave majjik

DrWu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
"Our goal with Ice Cream Sandwich is to deliver one operating system that works everywhere, regardless of device. Ice Cream Sandwich will bring everything you love about Honeycomb on your tablet to your phone, including the holographic user interface, more multitasking, the new launcher and richer widgets."

Official Google Blog: Android: momentum, mobile and more at Google I/O

And,

Google Android Ice Cream Sandwich to end fragmentation - Australian tech blog, podcast, reviews, photos - techAU

From this, it doesn't sound like ICS will be much of a change for tablets running honeycomb now. Big change will be for phones.

tsak6789

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
From this, it doesn't sound like ICS will be much of a change for tablets running honeycomb now. Big change will be for phones.

That's what I've been thinking. If anything the brains over at Google should be working on improving the app experience on tablets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
delgerjargal