Ice Cream Sandwich killed my battery life...

SoccerRef12

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
The .211 original ICS was definitely a battery hog. The. 214/.215 updates fixed that and battery life was excellent after that. I could go all day and still have 50% when I plugged in at night. What version of ICS are you having issues with?

scotts9219

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Generally my phone is at about 50% when I put it on the charger at night. However, there's been times I had to recharge during the day due to unknown reasons. I know there was a lot of talk about issues with ICS when it first came out relating to battery life. Most of them got resolved by returning to the phone to factory stock settings (back up your data!) and then carefully reinstalling your apps. If an app isn't "certified" for ICS it might cause the significant loss of battery life you're experiencing. Also, you could try switching your network mode (settings, more, mobile networks, network mode) to LTE/CDMA only (Verizon). I know some have had problems with the phone trying to switch between systems in fringe areas killing their batteries silently.

Again, just my $.02

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174