Icon next to signal strength

bchandler02

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen this icon before - referring to the one with "?" in it. I did some searching and someone mentioned that this is an SD card related icon, but as you can see in the screenshot even with the SD card unmounted I'm getting it.

The phone is a verizon G3, but currently has an european SIM in it while I am travelling. It is unlocked and everything is working fine, just not sure what this icon is.

Thanks
Screenshot_2014-11-29-17-08-29.jpg

bchandler02

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Ok, any ideas on what could cause that or how I can fix it? Just annoying seeing it there.

The SIM is an O2 Ireland SIM - and like I said, everything works fine. Calls/Text/Data all confirmed as working.

bchandler02

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Yes, unfortunately I had already tried that. Just did again, and it's still there.

I guess it isn't a huge deal since everything is working, but unnecessary icons annoy me.

defyblur

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I had that icon when I used an AT&T sim in the VS985, and made it go away with an xposed module; can't remember which atm, but you can find it at the usual place.

rjf111

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
My guess is that since it's a Verizon phone, it's looking for a Verizon sim and putting that up as an indicator that it can't find a sim that identifies itself as Verizon. It, obviously makes no difference to the phone working properly, so you might as well just ignore it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahmet7883