ICS 4.0.4 leak

MrBucket85

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
P3Droid came across a leaked build of ICS for the Bionic and says it runs well. Has anyone else flashed it yet? It must be flashed from stock .905 and stock recovery.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

kdivine981

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Its been confirmed to be awesome. Haven't d/l yet but other forums and DROID hive have been excited about it.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I want to flash this more then you know, but, I would caution people. You *CAN NOT REVERT BACK* once you install it. This means you WILL be off the OTA path. As we found out during the whole 5.5.893/5.7.893/5.8.894 period, this is NOT a good thing if you can't get back. This leak is almost assuredly NOT going to be the final released build. (904 ring a bell to people?) I get the excitement...I REALLY do....but I want to be the word of caution until a way back is found. Understand the risk in flashing this. It's a one way trip right now.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I want to flash this more then you know, but, I would caution people. You *CAN NOT REVERT BACK* once you install it. This means you WILL be off the OTA path. As we found out during the whole 5.5.893/5.7.893/5.8.894 period, this is NOT a good thing if you can't get back. This leak is almost assuredly NOT going to be the final released build. (904 ring a bell to people?) I get the excitement...I REALLY do....but I want to be the word of caution until a way back is found. Understand the risk in flashing this. It's a one way trip right now.

I'm not touching it unless there's a way to get back to 905.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm not touching it unless there's a way to get back to 905.

I'm not either. But I suspect the kernel is so different we may not be able to. What I see is that this release (if you look at the version) is pretty close to the RAZR. Someone mentioned that moto was trying to unify all the "similar hardware" onto one similar release. D4, Bionic, RAZR should all get updates at the same time going forward as it'll be super easy to port them. This is good news. However, until a way back is found I'm not touching it either. Yea, people are saying that eventually an FZX will be released for the full ICS build when it's released, but, I wouldn't stake my bionic on that. Been in a bad place already before.

MrBucket85

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I've got it on my sd card. Just fighting with myself over whether or not I want to take a risk and flash it. I might have to do it...

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I would hold off. Someone on XDA just posted that they found potentially a new leak. I asked them if it was the same as the one previously posted. If it's not, then those who flashed previously aren't going to be all that happy.

Reactions: MrBucket85

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
And it is different. He's pulling it now and will be posting it shortly. I'm not optimistic for those that flashed the first leak. :( This is the game I wanted to avoid and am glad I did.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I want to give it a try when I get back home...been river rafting for the past couple days. I'll have to see how I feel, since I may not be keeping this phone, my Mom wants it.

Sent from my XT875 using Android Central Forums

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you check and get the latest at whatever point you decide to upgrade. Right now 2233 is the latest, but, that could change. And apparently P3Droid is not happy with people spreading fear about updating to the leaks. Hence, I will shut up about that aspect of it.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Alright. So it's confirmed that you can FXZ back to 902 from the ICS builds. This is super excellent news. I've now flashed to 2233 and it *ROCKS*! Super SU restored root when I was all said and done. I am freaking LOVING ICS on this phone!

Reactions: Ry

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Alright. So it's confirmed that you can FXZ back to 902 from the ICS builds. This is super excellent news. I've now flashed to 2233 and it *ROCKS*! Super SU restored root when I was all said and done. I am freaking LOVING ICS on this phone!

So awesome.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It really is. It's like a new phone. They clocked the cpu at 1.2, btw. :D We'll see how she does on battery life but so far this thing is ROCK solid. Other than taking for freaking ever to release it Moto does deserve praise.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It really is. It's like a new phone. They clocked the cpu at 1.2, btw. :D We'll see how she does on battery life but so far this thing is ROCK solid. Other than taking for freaking ever to release it Moto does deserve praise.

nice. 200MHz bump.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yea I'm not into the whole speed for the sake of speed thing on phones, but, in this case it probably helps. ICS is pretty. And yes, I nuked the moto blur launcher nonsense in favor of ADW Launcher. :D But man the icons, the settings page, even the new lock....all really nice. This update gets a big thumbs up from me.

MrBucket85

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm flashing the .2233 file as soon as I finish listening to the AC podcast. @SamuriHL thanks for the word about the .2233 leak. It sounds like they've figured some stuff out when it comes to flashing the newest builds and FXZ but I'm glad I held off just to avoid a little bit of headache.

It's not official but I'm excited.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Just remember there are likely to be more leaks so be prepared for some work going forward. But it'll be worth it.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueSun