ICS: Agenda widget doesn't refresh, Google sync options

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi...in the wake of an ICS upgrade, a couple of questions. Apparently no one in HTC's or Google's forum can answer.

First, a) The resizeable Android agenda-calendar widget does not work. It correctly loads data when first placed on the home screen. Thereafter, it never refreshes or updates. Which is too bad--because as a resizeable agenda widget it's just what I want and I don't really see anything else comparable. Alas, it doesn't actually work.

Second, b)in looking at the ACCOUNTS AND SYNC part of the new ICS settings, there seems to be new sub areas under Google.

-Photos --Internet --G+ --Music

I already sync calendar, gmail, tasks. I can figure out what sync'ing G+ is of course and I do have a g+ account. So far, so good. The rest is not so clear.

So, what is photos supposed to be syncing WITH? And if I had some online account to sync it to (Picasa, through G+?) I sure DO NOT want all those megs of photos online automatically downloading to my device and soaking up all free space! As a backup tool, all well and good. But then ...what is it backing up to?
--and I would want to make sure it is not automatically made PUBLIC as if
every upload sync were deliberately shared.

-- To reemphasize, if it is going to DL everything online in G+ to my phone--that needs to be ....OFF.
Then, what in the world does it mean to sync "internet" under Google? What's being synced? The only thing I could guess is the browser bookmarks.

If that's the case, fine. Anything else? But again...where are they sync'd TO?

Thanks...

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
For the agenda widget - try clearing cache in the calendar app.

For the sync - internet is bookmarks - just like logging in to Chrome on your computer.

Pictures is linked to Picassa for pictures. I believe you can set default settings for Picture privacy in the we version so they do not go all public on upload.

G+ is linked to the G+ app and will sync notifications/stream in the G+ app.

Music syncs to Google Music.

Hope this helps.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for that....nothing I do actually makes the Android Calendar Agenda resizeable widget update normally, though. If of course the phone reboots or something causes the home screen to refresh, then it updates---left to its own, nothing happens. (The HTC agenda widget works fine btw...alas it is not resizeable...)

Meanwhile, I am finding more and more oddities....now Google Play shows duplicates of play lists only on the SD card (not online). A google tech
said to clear cache, data, which I did. Then when it finally refreshed and rebuilt everything there will triplicates of these. Indeed, I removed all
playlists from the SD card---and it still showed them, even after clearing cache and data. I'm amazed...I can't imagine where it is storing the info or why it won't do an accurate refresh of SD card stuff.