ICS will roll out June 27, 28, 29 depending on your location

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
This from big red himself. If something goes wrong with the soak it could be delayed once again, but they anticipate the downloads to start 6/27. Boy when they say end of Q2 they mean it. At least it's here lets hope next week we are not crying how it screwed up our handsets.

Last edited:

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I understand the deadline was self-imposed.
I understand that these things take time.
I understand that we'd prefer to have a perfect transition.

But setting a damn time, and then waiting until the very last minute is just a slap in the face. This is like inviting someone over to your house tomorrow, and they show up at 11:59pm. My point is, they ain't winnin' anyone over with the last minute thing.

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
But setting a damn time, and then waiting until the very last minute is just a slap in the face. This is like inviting someone over to your house tomorrow, and they show up at 11:59pm. My point is, they ain't winnin' anyone over with the last minute thing.

I don't know how you can think a met timeline is a slap in the face? They told you it would be by a certain time and their are delivering it by that time. Some people are never happy I guess.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
You guys must be the type that show up to work exactly at 9:00am. You'd be damned if you were there a minute early, huh? It's simple courtesy with time.
It was a broad deadline of 3 months. Pardon me if I find it to be a little annoying that they'd wait until the final 3 days of the final week of the final month.

Venez68

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It's a pretty big undertaking rolling out a new upgrade to all those devices. I'm sure they had every intention of getting it out before the end of the month but as with most things in life nothing ever goes that smoothly. I'll be happy if we get it before July.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
It's a pretty big undertaking rolling out a new upgrade to all those devices. I'm sure they had every intention of getting it out before the end of the month but as with most things in life nothing ever goes that smoothly. I'll be happy if we get it before July.

I understand. I'm not trashing Motorola here, I just get a little bothered with the last minute stuff. Or "nick of time" or whatever you'd like to call it. Either way, I would like ICS and am glad to have it coming. I've used Gingerbread for a very long time on many, many devices. I'm ready for the sequel.

PZ420

May 11, 2012
Visit site
You guys must be the type that show up to work exactly at 9:00am. You'd be damned if you were there a minute early, huh? It's simple courtesy with time.
It was a broad deadline of 3 months. Pardon me if I find it to be a little annoying that they'd wait until the final 3 days of the final week of the final month.

You can always do your own development go learn it yourself and then maybe you will understand! You seem like the type that wants it now, then if it has any bugs complains that it has bugs! Just relax and let them do what they need to do.

Sent from my PC36100 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
You can always do your own development go learn it yourself and then maybe you will understand! You seem like the type that wants it now, then if it has any bugs complains that it has bugs! Just relax and let them do what they need to do.

*let me skip past his follow up and go right into complaining about his post*
Recap:

I like: ICS. Moto rolling it out. Soak test starting. Excitement over release
Don't like: Last minute appearances.

Where did I say I could develop a better version? Where did I demand it now? Where have I complained over bugs? Hell, the data cycling to 3G and 1X bothers me, but I'll wait for a fix. I hope it's bundled in ICS.
Jesus. If you say "uh, hey guys, I kind of don't like this", it inspires people to sign up on AC to complain about you.

Reactions: bradenfontaine

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I understand. I'm not trashing Motorola here, I just get a little bothered with the last minute stuff. Or "nick of time" or whatever you'd like to call it. Either way, I would like ICS and am glad to have it coming. I've used Gingerbread for a very long time on many, many devices. I'm ready for the sequel.

And I bet you're the first to complain when they keep quiet and don't give a timeline to avoid people getting upset when things change. You want them to give you a timeline and meet it or be quiet and don't say anything and leave you wondering so you're not upset when it is at the the end of the timeline provided?

You mentioned the Galaxy Nexus in another thread...they kept quiet and didn't say anything about a release of an update and everyone was left wondering if Google/Samsung/Verizon had forgot about the phone. At least Motorola gave us something to look forward to.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
And I bet you're the first to complain when they keep quiet and don't give a timeline to avoid people getting upset when things change.

I wasn't the the spokesperson ensuring ICS on the Razr 6 weeks after Google relased it, bud.
If they flipped their position to "Well actually guys, we don't know when. And we don't even know IF", then I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one bothered.
Are you accustomed to forking over money and then bending over?

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site

To make your analogy more appropriate to this situation let me ask you this...so if you are supposed to be at work at 9:00am and you show up three minutes early at 8:57 (since the update is supposed to be 3 days before the end of the month) you're ok with your boss being pissed off and you for "being late" or should he be satisfied because you made it before the deadline?

I wasn't the the spokesperson ensuring ICS on the Razr 6 weeks after Google relased it, bud.
If they flipped their position to "Well actually guys, we don't know when. And we don't even know IF", then I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one bothered.
Are you accustomed to forking over money and then bending over?

Well, you've obviously never owned a Galaxy Nexus or you would never say you've been "bent over" by owning the RAZR MAXX. I definitely felt that way with my GN but have been nothing but happy with the RAZR MAXX.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Why is everyone crucifying Dovahkiin??

Freak I read what he said, and I agree with it. He wasn't trashing anyone specifically with his first post, and he wasn't trashing Motorola or ICS or Gingerbread. All he said, was it's about dang time, and why do they always have to wait until the last second?

Is it that offensive to all of you that he wonders why they took their dear sweet time? Freaking lay off the man and just accept that he might have a different opinion. It's great for you that you can accept procrastination but others get annoyed by it. You can't tell me that Verizon couldn't possibly have worked a little harder since DECEMBER to get this rolled out before now. They were just focused elsewhere and we got the short end of the stick.

I am glad they are finally sticking to this deadline, but I can still agree with Dovahkiin that it's a little pathetic that they wait until the last second to meet their deadline.

rjsquiresjr

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
The lack of communication by Verizon has been unacceptable. I'm quite certain that this day has been marked on their calendar for some time. It is also my belief that they planned on rolling ICS out along with their shared data plan for this phone ( coincidence? ?? I THINK NOT.)

I Empathize with the people who bought this phone in early 2012; those who were told that ICS was to be rolled out "in April" as a selling point.

That being said, a corporate gag order not to say anything about when the rollout will happen, is not good customer service, and does not win the trust and respect of those who are their customers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
The lack of communication by Verizon has been unacceptable. I'm quite certain that this day has been marked on their calendar for some time. It is also my belief that they planned on rolling ICS out along with their shared data plan for this phone ( coincidence? ?? I THINK NOT.)

I Empathize with the people who bought this phone in early 2012; those who were told that ICS was to be rolled out "in April" as a selling point.

That being said, a corporate gag order not to say anything about when the rollout will happen, is not good customer service, and does not win the trust and respect of those who are their customers.

You are completely incorrect with the statement I bolded above. Dates are never given. Take a look at RIM and the BlackBerry PlayBook. It wasn't even released with native PIM features, which are the core of BB. They gave a date, and missed it by months and rightly so got beat up over it. Companies have been burned in the past by giving dates, which is why they don't do it.

I'm not one of those "it will get here when it does" kind of person, but I do understand things happen, especially when it comes to software, and timelines get blown all the time.

Reactions: YourMobileGuru

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Lol, it is your analogy...how did it become mine?

It wasn't an analogy, period. It was a statement I made of how you appear to be, based on your response. I didn't compare it to anything.
But to put this to rest, I'll leave with this. My cable guy says he'll be at my place from 8am-3pm. Please dear lord, show up before 2:59. I didn't say Moto missed the deadline, I said I didn't appreciate the last minute show.
This is what I don't like, and this is how I feel about. Deal with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835