ICS Wireless Network shortcut

whyst

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I have tried Apex and Nova launchers, but I can't figure out how to place a Wireless Network shortcut. I tried Shortcuts, Widgets and Apps, and I can't find one. Also, for WiFi Enable shortcut only (not the one that brings up all the available networks around.).

Thanks!

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I use widgetsoid (it's free!). It's highly customizeable and it allows you to put toggles in the notification pull-down. There are also several WiFi on/off widgets in the Play store if you're strictly looking for a simple on/off button.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Settings>Personalize>Home Screen>Shortcuts (tab at bottom of screen)>Settings Shortcut>Wi-Fi

or

Long press the screen, then Shortcuts (tab at bottom of screen)>Settings Shortcut>Wi-Fi

For the second option I assume you are talking about the Wi-Fi toggle on/off widget:

Long press the screen, then Widgets (tab at bottom of screen). Drop down All Widgets and select Settings HTC. Scroll through widgets to pg 4 and select Wi-Fi.

Last edited:

whyst

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
thank you both...
i just uninstalled apex and nova, reverting to Sense 4, as the Wifi and Wireless Network shortcuts were not available w/ either of the two launchers.

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
thank you both...
i just uninstalled apex and nova, reverting to Sense 4, as the Wifi and Wireless Network shortcuts were not available w/ either of the two launchers.

Are you going back to Sense just because of the widgets? If that's the case, there are plenty of options in the Play store to replace what you lost.

Sent from my E4GLTE using Android Central Forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
offline050