If a Bluetooth codec is listed in developer settings, is it definitely supported?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I am in the market for a pair of Bluetooth headphones and had my eye on a pair from Sony. When I was using the demo model, I could not force the codec to LDAC (I would set it in developer settings but if I left settings and went back it switched back to AAC codec), but AAC and SBC did work. The guy at the electronics store said that the demo model might have restrictions imposed which might cause LDAC to be disallowed, but I want to double check.

I know this a stupid question, but I have had things before where I have had options in settings that weren't actually supported on the device, but were still listed as an option. Since LDAC is a big selling point for me I really want to check, and I also have no other Sony devices that I can test with.

In short: if a Bluetooth audio codec is listed as an option in developer settings, is that a guarantee that the device supports it?

Thanks in advance.

Device information:
Samsung Galaxy J5 2017 (SM-J530F)
Stock ROM OneUI 1.1
Android 9

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The stuff in developer options is only really intended for testing and debugging, not daily use. I don't think any Samsung phones fully support LDAC...

It's all moot anyway. It's bluetooth, just buy a decent pair you like and use them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084