If I delete email on phone, it won't delete on actual account. Help please...

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I have an AOL account set up on my Note and I can delete emails that come in. But when I go online from my PC to the same email account, all the emails are still there (they never got deleted).

Does anyone know of a setting I'm missing?

I went into settings on my phone and couldn't find anything appropriate. I think when I used to have K9 mail on my old phone, it had a setting to delete the actual emails when I deleted them from my phone.

Thanks all...

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I have an AOL account set up on my Note and I can delete emails that come in. But when I go online from my PC to the same email account, all the emails are still there (they never got deleted).

Does anyone know of a setting I'm missing?

I went into settings on my phone and couldn't find anything appropriate. I think when I used to have K9 mail on my old phone, it had a setting to delete the actual emails when I deleted them from my phone.

Thanks all...

I don't think it is a setting on the phone, might have to go into your settings on your actually email service. I have the same issue with my Optimum email which is basically all spam and I have to go into my settings on the webmail client to allow the device to delete mail even though I delete it on my phone.

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I know K9 can do it. Here's a reply in a forum regarding that:

If you want to leave all emails on the server but when you delete an email
on the phone have it also deleted on the server, set the option "Account
settings -> Fetching Mail -> When I delete a message ->" to "Delete from
server".

But I wish the Jellybean mail app had a similar setting.

ToddL

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar problem with yahoo email. For me, I uninstalled, and manually added the email account (not using the Yahoo button), and not it works/syncs properly.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
If u have a few dollars download AquaMail from play store. All the accounts I have set up have an option to delete from server also. I don't have an aol account but download the free version first, set up your AOL account and see if it works. Ur limited to 2 accounts on the free version but the pro version has unlimited number of accounts that can be set up. Someone on here recommended AquaMail to me and once I tried it, I never went back to anything else. Good luck

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nssimpson