*If* I were to return my HOX, what AT&T phone should I get?

ATPhoto75

May 13, 2012
Visit site
My 30 days from Best Buy runs out here in a few days (before the S3 debuts) so my question is...what AT&T phone is 2nd best? I want a good camera, screen and MULTITASKING that actually works.

My first vote would be for the Note but it IS pretty large for a phone that usually resides in my front pocket.

What do you guys think???

Thanks...

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
If youre talking android exclusively, I really liked the vivid, but the battery life was pretty bad. There is also the Xperia play and Atrix 2. Im not a fan of Samsung products, but the Samsung glide and sky rocket also seem like a nice handsets. All pale to the One X in my opinion. Ountside of android, the iPhone 4s or Nokia Lumnia. The Blackberry Tourch was also a pretty good handset, but the apps on it suck.

ATPhoto75

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Sigh. I LOVE this phone. but I either need to (a) not use Slacker while I'm driving or get a phone that allows proper multitasking. I'm certain that I will want to kill someone if it continues not multitasking like we are all used to a SMART PHONE operating.

I might look into the prepaid option.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
What's going on with it? I Usually just listen to podcasts, but I just tried slacker and I was able to exit and go to chrome, browse a little bit, then to maps and slacker kept streaming the whole time. Tried it with pandora too and it worked as well.

edit: Ok, well it's been about a half hour and it had been streaming fine, when it stopped. Turns out it crashed. I check the support page and they onu listed 3 phones it supported (the mytouch, g1, and droid). who knows how long ago since they updated it, but it could be that they need to update the app for it to work right.

edit 2: I began streaming Pandora after my last edit and it's been about 45 since then and Pandora has been streaming fine the whole time. you could that instead.

Last edited:

icewater106

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Since your 30 day return ends a few day before th GS3 do u have like a back up phone that you could use untill the GS3 comes out?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Am curious how widespread the dissatisfaction with the HOX is outside of AC forums. When you look at sites like Phone Dog, the One X is the most popular phone on the market right now, though there are only a few hundred votes, which doesn't mean much.

Has anyone in this forum looked beyond it to see just how unhappy most HOX owners are? The multitasking thing seems to be a problem among others.

Personally I'm waiting to play with the GS3 once it's at the ATT stores, which will probably be soon.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Am curious how widespread the dissatisfaction with the HOX is outside of AC forums. When you look at sites like Phone Dog, the One X is the most popular phone on the market right now, though there are only a few hundred votes, which doesn't mean much.

Has anyone in this forum looked beyond it to see just how unhappy most HOX owners are? The multitasking thing seems to be a problem among others.

Personally I'm waiting to play with the GS3 once it's at the ATT stores, which will probably be soon.

My bet is that most people are satisfied with it. I've seen and been trained on how they are supposed to sell the phones. And basically it doesn't get too technical. So unless a person has a specific issue (like streaming music quits mid song) they aren't going to know the difference and will think it's working perfectly.

danian18

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Get the S3 I returned my one x back because of loose USB port on the first one then the second replacement 4 dead pixels so now I'm just waiting for the S3

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ATPhoto75

May 13, 2012
Visit site
The problem is that is does EVERYTHING else SO well...the camera is amazing, the screen (muah!) and I LOVE the design. I'm going to stick with it and see what people say about the S3 and maybe sell this thing and get that. OR get the next iPhone.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Kevin.. thanks for the response. I notice you still have the HOX listed as your device of choice, so you're obviously OK with the multitasking problem most seem very frustrated with now.

And like any device, it's clear the GS3 is anything but perfect and will be interesting to see what happens when ATT gets some into people's hands (providing Apple doesn't get in the way).

I suspect as time goes on, HTC will release additional fixes, etc. that may address some of the 'problem' areas many are experiencing. I agree the camera seems to be amazing, the screen is the best and the form factor is very nice on the One X, also. Would you agree that it's head and shoulders above the GS2 Skyrocket? Car Toys has the HOX fore $119 which is very tempting :)

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
my 30 days ended today, i was going to try something else cause best buy was out of stock of HOX's .. 20 mins after i called they got some in stock.. so i exchanged for a newer shipment of them.. it came with 1.85 on it

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
If youre talking android exclusively, I really liked the vivid, but the battery life was pretty bad. There is also the Xperia play and Atrix 2. Im not a fan of Samsung products, but the Samsung glide and sky rocket also seem like a nice handsets. All pale to the One X in my opinion. Ountside of android, the iPhone 4s or Nokia Lumnia. The Blackberry Tourch was also a pretty good handset, but the apps on it suck.

Battery life on the Vivid is only really bad if your a power user. A moderate user like me gets way better battery life than the Inspire.

Here is screenshots of my best. I average about 15-16 hours.
View attachment 27419

View attachment 27420

View attachment 27421

That is why i cant wait to get my One X, cause i know my battery life will be better than that.

Sent from my HTC Vivid

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Sigh. I LOVE this phone. but I either need to (a) not use Slacker while I'm driving or get a phone that allows proper multitasking. I'm certain that I will want to kill someone if it continues not multitasking like we are all used to a SMART PHONE operating.

I might look into the prepaid option.

Not sure why slacker isn't working.I'm experiencing the same thing with it but Pandora and streaming from google music work great. Hopefully slacker can update the app to where it works properly with all of the HTC one devices. I definitely won't return this device due to that as I love it but I miss my slacker premium subscription. I've actually just been using my One X as a hotspot and streaming slacker from my Transformer Prime as a temporary workaround. Hopefully I won't always have to do that.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Kevin.. thanks for the response. I notice you still have the HOX listed as your device of choice, so you're obviously OK with the multitasking problem most seem very frustrated with now.

And like any device, it's clear the GS3 is anything but perfect and will be interesting to see what happens when ATT gets some into people's hands (providing Apple doesn't get in the way).

I suspect as time goes on, HTC will release additional fixes, etc. that may address some of the 'problem' areas many are experiencing. I agree the camera seems to be amazing, the screen is the best and the form factor is very nice on the One X, also. Would you agree that it's head and shoulders above the GS2 Skyrocket? Car Toys has the HOX fore $119 which is very tempting :)

I'd be all over the $119 deal from Car Toys .

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2