IF just for this!

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Ok, have only had this phone for a little over 24 hours and most of that available time has been spent setting the phone up. Being with Samsung for so many years this move over to LG V60 was not as easy as I thought it would be but that's probably just because I am 66 years old and don't think as fast as I used to. But, I finally got everything moved over from my Note 10+ and pretty much set up on the V60 the way I like it. Here are my initial thoughts. The phone is as smooth as butter, my finger print scanner works way better than I have experienced with my other phones. It works flawlessly. The screen is just as nice to "my eyes" as my Note 10+. I am still tweaking a few things and still learning the ins and outs of the dual screen and don't feel I will totally get the full benefit of that until I get my stylus which comes in early next week. I mostly plan on having my books open on the right screen and taking notes on the left screen (I am left handed). So looking forward to see how that works out. Call quality is good, speaker phone sounds loud and crisp, I can hear others very well and they hear me clearly too. BUT, "If just for this" I would say this phone is a winner for me and that is the DAC! I plugged in my Shure earbuds and was totally blown away by the sound. I almost feel like I am in a concert hall. I haven't used these earbuds in years and I just couldn't believe how great the sound was. My 66 year old ears are hearing every instrument in the orchestra. Highs, mids, and lows. I always heard the DAC of LG phones was something else and it is. I am playing it through the Poweramp app and just can't believe it. I am not a audiophile but I know a good sound when I hear it. So "if just for this" I feel like I made a good move. Sorry for the long post but but just had to share my thoughts on this phone. I appreciate everyone's input on my initial questions about this phone before buying it, you helped me make a great decision. I am extremely satisfied with it.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
And you thought you were worried about liking it because some of us ripped on it a bit. Lol.

Glad you enjoy and welcome to the club. :)

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
And you thought you were worried about liking it because some of us ripped on it a bit. Lol.

Glad you enjoy and welcome to the club. :)
Thanks Mooncatt, like I said I like hearing all the discussion about the plusses and minuses, because if it was ALL positive, then I would really be worried! Plus at 66 years of age I have been around long enough to know there is no tech that is perfect.... I appreciate yours and others input in the forums. Helps me make good decisions on phones.

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Enjoy your V60!! Ever since the V20, I've been enjoying the DAC! I was looking to upgrade from my V40 earlier this year and was looking at both the OnePlus 8 and S20 but I went with the V60...

I was heavily influenced by the DAC I'd used in previous LG devices, while making my decision. I went with V60 and haven't looked back.

I'm very happy with my device...
Enjoy yours!

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Enjoy your V60!! Ever since the V20, I've been enjoying the DAC! I was looking to upgrade from my V40 earlier this year and was looking at both the OnePlus 8 and S20 but I went with the V60...

I was heavily influenced by the DAC I'd used in previous LG devices, while making my decision. I went with V60 and haven't looked back.

I'm very happy with my device...
Enjoy yours!
jmssarno, Thank you. I will. I kept hearing how good it was and didn't really think it would be that big a deal but it is. Also, I am glad LG decided to make the LG be pen capable. Would have never moved to LG without that. I had gotten to used to the spen. Plus with two screens it makes reading and taking notes that much better than the spen.

ggrant3876

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I really enjoy my V60 but the Dual Screen seems to suck the battery faster than my Note 10+. I've always enjoyed the DAC on LG products, sounds are very good. I also have a OnePlus 7Pro and it's a nice phone but not nears as loud and accurate as the V60. Will have a Note 20 Ultra on Wednesday and will be able to compare to to Samsungs newest.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I really enjoy my V60 but the Dual Screen seems to suck the battery faster than my Note 10+. I've always enjoyed the DAC on LG products, sounds are very good. I also have a OnePlus 7Pro and it's a nice phone but not nears as loud and accurate as the V60. Will have a Note 20 Ultra on Wednesday and will be able to compare to to Samsungs newest.
ggrant3876: I know you are looking forward to your Note 20 Ultra. Let me know what you think when you get it. I gave my wife my Note 10 + when I picked up the V60. I have had every Note from the Note 2 on except for the Note 5. Loved them all and wouldn't have moved to the LG V60 if it didn't have pen support. I loved the Note series phone but I never really could use split screen the way I wanted to for my use case scenario. I love to read and jot down notes as I read which was the main reason for getting the Note phones. It's not bad when I have a book and my phone. But love my ebooks as well and there just wasn't anyway to read an ebook and take notes effectively with the Note split screen. But with the V60 and dual screen I have book open on right screen and note app on left screen. It has worked perfectly for me. This function plus the DAC which brought my Shure earbuds back to life. Was blown away with the sound. Anyway let me know what you think of the Note 20 plus. It's a gorgeous phone.

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
As far as sound on a Samsung goes, I wasn't always really aware of it until I found a feature that allowed me to "tune" the sound to my ears. After I did that, it was certainly much better than the stock settings. But glad to hear you're enjoying the different experience!

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
jmssarno, Thank you. I will. I kept hearing how good it was and didn't really think it would be that big a deal but it is. Also, I am glad LG decided to make the LG be pen capable. Would have never moved to LG without that. I had gotten to used to the spen. Plus with two screens it makes reading and taking notes that much better than the spen.

Yep... I'm using a Bamboo pen on mine (when I Dual Screen) and I absolutely love it. Like I said earlier... Enjoy it!

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
As far as sound on a Samsung goes, I wasn't always really aware of it until I found a feature that allowed me to "tune" the sound to my ears. After I did that, it was certainly much better than the stock settings. But glad to hear you're enjoying the different experience!
BergerKing: Yes I did that as well on my Samsung phones, but for some reason the DAC just seemed to open up my Shure earbuds that I hadn't experienced before? In fact, I mostly kept them in a drawer for years because some of my cheaper earbuds/headphones seemed to sound about the same. When I got the V60 I thought I would pull them back out and see what happened. I was totally blown away. I felt as it's I was sitting in a concert hall. Every instrument seemed to be much more distinguishable. Anyway, both Samsung and LG make great phones. I mainly bought the V60 because of the dual screen and pen support. It's just an added pleasure to have the music sound so good. Thanks for your thoughts on the Samsung feature of tuning to your ears for it does work.

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
BergerKing: Yes I did that as well on my Samsung phones, but for some reason the DAC just seemed to open up my Shure earbuds that I hadn't experienced before? In fact, I mostly kept them in a drawer for years because some of my cheaper earbuds/headphones seemed to sound about the same. When I got the V60 I thought I would pull them back out and see what happened. I was totally blown away. I felt as it's I was sitting in a concert hall. Every instrument seemed to be much more distinguishable. Anyway, both Samsung and LG make great phones. I mainly bought the V60 because of the dual screen and pen support. It's just an added pleasure to have the music sound so good. Thanks for your thoughts on the Samsung feature of tuning to your ears for it does work.

Excellent description of your experience with the new device! They do put a lot of attention into their sound presentation, from what I understand. Glad to hear it's a positive change in that aspect, for sure!