If they got rid of the chin

Magnious

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
The ONLY thing that I do not like about the Motorola droid is the chin projects from the bottom. Besides that, the phone looks AMAZING, but..I think they should get rid of it for one simple reason.

It would be Easier to type on the phone with the extra 1/2 inch!
If that chin wasn't there, your thumb would be closer to the keys making it easier to use the physical keyboard. What do you guys think?

R

Roy Aguilera

The microphone is on the chin. I guess it could be elsewhere.

salanester

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I don't know that it would really make that big of a difference, if anything I would have scrapped the dpad and done the keyboard differently. I'm happy as is though, can't make it perfect for everyone.

R

Roy Aguilera

Nope. Never use it. To keep it on track wonder if the chin is there to help with the slide keyboard.

Droid_Sayz

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
If it wasn't for that chin, you wouldn't be able to get a decent voice/data radio signal. The Droid's case is all metal, so they needed to put the antennas in that chin that projects away from the metal body of the phone. It's called the Faraday effect when a radio antenna is shielded by a metal cage around it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Question answered.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
yea, metal body creates a Faraday Cage.

the older metal mac notebooks had this issue and got really crappy wireless signals because of it.

personally i like the little plastic piece, gives me something to hold, and when i take the phone out of my pocket, i can orient it properly without looking while i'm pulling it out.

and i rarely use the dpad. the only times i've used it was to edit some text (moving cursor around)

DougFNJ

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I find the chin a good way to hold the unit while surfing around. I appreciate that D-Pad for navigating around the screen when editing....a lot easier than trying to touch the right part of the screen to edit.

Last edited:

PortareAF

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
What's not to like about a D-pad? I loved my original Nintendo back in 1989, Nothing like retro controls to go with my retro gold accents.

JRoid

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
i Tell all my bberians to look at my 24k gold pieces on my phone. They laugh, but it's ok i can type smoothly and don't have to pull my battery out every night.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
The chin can be annoying but like someone else said, i'd rather deal with that then hourly battery pulls. And as far as th d pad goes, I think its great for when editing text so you're not fiddling with the screen for 5 min to find the right spot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OSCAR DE BUG