If you could change ONE thing about the G4, what would it be?

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I have no real complaints. I would go with better battery life but I always want that.

Sent from my LG G4 via The Uncarrier

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Longer battery life, if I had to pick just one. However, that probably can't be changed at the moment. And I was getting better battery life on my second G4 than my first, which is encouraging.

In terms of improvements that could likely be made to the existing hardware, allowing faster charging, even as the phone's temperature rises, would be very nice. When it's charging in the car, and the battery is STILL going down (due to the throttled-back charge current), that's not good.

chubz#IM

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Battery life. It's clear that the screen is a power hog. They should have went with a 3500mAH or higher battery. I don't carry around spare batteries all the time. I think at least a 3500mAH battery would probably get most of us the battery time we would like.

Anthony_NE

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
That a smaller percentage of their production units suffered from lag and overheating so I wouldn't have gotten one of them. Other than that? 5.2" screen.

krifor03

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
The ugly emojis (don't know if it's really worth rooting to fix.) Google had it right, then LG got hold of them

Posted via the Android Central App

alexsd123

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Better battery life and less overheating. Probably combat this with a lower resolution. The screen is nice but it isn't nice when you can't use it.

Gigahorse

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Probably the overall size. They finally went a bit too big to be a comfortable 1 handed phone for me. I'd love the camera and performance of the G4 in something the size of my old G2.

larrynj

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Bluetooth phone work properly with my Ford sync. Media works great but the BT phone cuts off when I get another incoming call or notification.

Posted via the Android Central App

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Can you elaborate?

Manual mode does not seem to provide shutter-priority exposure mode.

If I need a shutter speed of 1/500 sec to avoid blurring with a moving subject (maybe a sports event), I can select that shutter speed in Manual. But the camera will not automatically select the appropriate ISO setting for me, to give a proper exposure.

It can pick BOTH shutter speed and ISO automatically, but if I want to set one of those two values, it cannot automatically adjust the other one for me, to maintain a properly exposed picture. It's all or nothing.

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Manual mode does not seem to provide shutter-priority exposure mode.

If I need a shutter speed of 1/500 sec to avoid blurring with a moving subject (maybe a sports event), I can select that shutter speed in Manual. But the camera will not automatically select the appropriate ISO setting for me, to give a proper exposure.

It can pick BOTH shutter speed and ISO automatically, but if I want to set one of those two values, it cannot automatically adjust the other one for me, to maintain a properly exposed picture. It's all or nothing.
Thanks for clarifying. My brain apparently doesn't function well in the morning because I ignored "priority" in the initial post

I'm still debating on what to pick up for my next phone. The g4 is still probably in the lead since the camera is so important to me. If the S6 active had a larger storage option, and had the option to take long exposures (1/10" is longest at this time that I'm aware of), that's what I would go with. But I don't think I'm ready to give up those 2 things.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Finding the battery to be fine (guess we all use our phones differently). I would change the shiny bezel to matte...
Pretty much dig everything else.