If you didn't buy the N6, will you upgrade to the Moto X Cyber Monday deal for $359?

mojo rising

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I chose not to upgrade to the N6. I am very happy with the Lollipop upgrade to my N5. I am tempted to sell my mint 32g N5 on Swappa for $300 and buy the MotoX for $359 on the Cyber Monday deal. It is pretty much what I wanted in an upgrade with the N6 except for not being pure Google.

Anyone else upgrading?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I chose not to upgrade to the N6. I am very happy with the Lollipop upgrade to my N5. I am tempted to sell my mint 32g N5 on Swappa for $300 and buy the MotoX for $359 on the Cyber Monday deal. It is pretty much what I wanted in an upgrade with the N6 except for not being pure Google.

Anyone else upgrading?

keep the Nexus 5. the Moto X is not a worthy upgrade IMO. the Nexus 6 is a passable upgrade but barely IMO. personally i am keeping my Nexus 5 with Lollipop and i'll get the next Nexus when it comes out in 11 months. i sent the ~$800 savings to one of my mutual funds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz2AZZqj1jQ

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site

Anyone else upgrading?

The X is not much of an upgrade spec wise from the N5. Same RAM, same GPU, slightly faster CPU. The biggest difference is the always listening feature, which I can live without. Too small of an "upgrade" to concern myself with. I'm keeping my N5 until next fall when there will be many monster machines running 64bit, 4GB ram, insane graphics, and who knows what else.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting the 2014 Moto X as an upgrade to my 2013 Moto X. I'll skip the Nexus 6, even though I wanted to upgrade my Nexus 5. The Nexus 6 is too big for me. :(

32gig

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Nope, still loving my nexus 5.. think I'll wait to see what the next generation will bring us..

Posted via Android Central App

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I am keeping my Nexus 5. It is a beautiful phone that has run a variety of custom ROMs smoothly since I bought it in April. The Nexus 6 is simply too big (and too expensive). I played with it the other day. It wouldn't fit in my trouser pocket at all. Not even close. I still wonder how guys carry one with them.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
don't get me wrong. i LOVE the Nexus 6 - and i love the 6" display! but my Nexus 5 is adequate for now. if i needed a new phone and had to buy something right now - it would be the Nexus 6.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to try and get the moto x tomorrow. Ive used one before and no it isn't a HUGE upgrade but it still felt like an upgrade to me. Plus for the price you can't beat it.

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
What kind of ***** would pay you $300 for a used phone when they can buy a new one for $400? That said the Moto X is basically the same phone as the N5 so why would you replace the N5 with the Moto X? I still haven't seen the N6 so I don't know if I'll upgrade to it. It's significantly different than than the N5 so there is a chance I might do it but I'm turned off by it's huge size so chances are I'll wait for the 2015 Nexus phone.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I'm debating the Moto X tomorrow but its not really an upgrade over the N5 in my opinion. It's more of a side grade and I'm not sure if its worth it..

The N5, a year later is still a top dog device. I looked at the N6 yesterday at an AT&T store and it's a gorgeous device but it's way, way, way to large of a phone for me..

I'll probably just stick with my N5..

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
What kind of ***** would pay you $300 for a used phone when they can buy a new one for $400?

I think they sell all the time on Craigslist, in my area at least, for about that. Add in sales tax and shipping to that $400 and you are probably pushing $450. Plus, you can't even get one on Google Play right now as everything is out of stock.

I think $300 is a fair price if his/her N5 is in mint condition..

Los Angeles Craigslist

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=nexus 5&sort=rel