If you text and drive, you should seriously see this

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
It should be common sense not to do this. I remember watching the newws when this topic was starting to get some heat, and one kid said he would keep doing it till he crashs.

Well i am sorry but you need to put the damn phone down and pay attention to the road. Its not just your life at stake, but everyone elses as well.

I am been hit by a car that the girl was texting and nearly ran off the road before by people who are texting while they are driving. Not cool man.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Agreed. I'll admit I send texts while driving, but I do it completely hands free. I use Vlingo to speak my texts to contacts, and I don't have to touch the phone even once. Thankfully most states have severe fines for those who do it, and in New York you can even have your license suspended if you get 3 tickets for texting while driving in an 18 month period.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It's amazing how many people I see on a daily basis using cell phones to speak and text while driving. Sometimes you can tell they are completely oblivious to their surroundings and have no clue on what's going on.

Dr3amville

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
In California, they will fine you for talking on your phone or texting. It's a really bad habit and hard to quit like smoking. Do us all a favor and just don't do it you can prevent accidents!

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I'll be the first to say I've been guilty of this at one time or another. But when I'm texting, I'm at a complete stop... or if I'm on the go (Vlingo FTW!).
The one person that scares the living dookie out of me is my wife. I'm constantly on her case about her texting while driving.. especially when our 3yr. old son is riding with her.
I just hope one of these days she wises up, and doesn't have to find out the hard way.

It's bad enough that you're behind the wheel of a 2,000+ lbs. killing machine that could cut through a crowd of people (and some buildings) like a wedge.

By all means people, just don't do it while driving.

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I have UConnect in my truck (Hands free via BlueTooth through the factory speakers). It truly is amazing. So much I'm putting it in my G/F's Jeep...

I will admit to reading text and email while at a complete stop. Once it's go time, the phone gets put down. And even then...I'm trying to break that habit.

if it's that important...a phone is still a phone first...make the call.

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I have UConnect in my truck (Hands free via BlueTooth through the factory speakers). It truly is amazing. So much I'm putting it in my G/F's Jeep...

I will admit to reading text and email while at a complete stop. Once it's go time, the phone gets put down. And even then...I'm trying to break that habit.

if it's that important...a phone is still a phone first...make the call.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
No text is worth risking my life for. We finally just passed a law in Mass that you can get pulled over for texting and driving. IMO, took way too long to pass.

kimtyson

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to the OP and AT&T. That is a very well made PSA. I will be sharing it with those I love. Please, it's not a joke. It's just dangerous.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582