I'm filing an insurance claim for new phone, help please!

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
i'm going to file a claim for my nexus because i dropped it and shattered the screen. Everything else works fine, i guess it's just for aesthetics. First of all, will i lose everything on my current phone? What can i expect with the process of filing a claim (I've never done it)? And should i do it? My current one has had a few reboots, dropped calls, unresponsive camera at times, and sluggish. My thought is, is that a new one might not have these problems....I know that sounds so noobish but it's the best way i could put it.

Advice please.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
The market should remember what applications you have.

Go to settings and make sure Back up my data is enabled and Automatic restore are checked. This is under "Backup & Reset"

Also plug your device into your computer and copy all pictures you want saved to your computer, if you have not backed them up from a different way.

Last thing is to do a factory resest just before you mail it back to Verizon.

You can expect a working as designed Nexus in return. It will be on the current software level, so it *should* work almost identical to the one you have today.

Good luck.

bigguy_132

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Are you rooted on your current one? If so then you can transfer all the data over but if not then you will lose what you cannot copy over. To file the claim there really isn't many surprises just filling out the form and then paying your deductible. Once that is paid it will be shipped out overnight and get to you. When I filed my insurance claim the process was very easy and Asurion was pleasant to deal with.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
The market should remember what applications you have.

Go to settings and make sure Back up my data is enabled and Automatic restore are checked. This is under "Backup & Reset"

Also plug your device into your computer and copy all pictures you want saved to your computer, if you have not backed them up from a different way.

Last thing is to do a factory resest just before you mail it back to Verizon.

You can expect a working as designed Nexus in return. It will be on the current software level, so it *should* work almost identical to the one you have today.

Good luck.

What he said...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Just to add... look into the app MyBackup Pro.. Backs up apps + media (apps are already backed to your Google account) and it also backs up Data like call logs, bookmarks, sms/mms (text) messages, alarms & dictionary.

Reactions: dmmarck

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly Ryan