News I'm sick of AI

Ed_Strong

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Then, someone — call him Jeff — decided that everything needed more AI. Jeff might have been drunk or high that day. Jeff pitched his idea to the "right" person, and AI transformed from something useful into something stupid. And you can't get away from it.

If only we could find a way to go back in time and stop Jeff from pitching his idea to the right person... but who could help with that, especially in this 2024 year... hmmm!!!

Reactions: BerryBubbles

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Then, someone — call him Jeff — decided that everything needed more AI. Jeff might have been drunk or high that day. Jeff pitched his idea to the "right" person, and AI transformed from something useful into something stupid. And you can't get away from it.

If only we could find a way to go back in time and stop Jeff from pitching his idea to the right person... but who could help with that, especially in this 2024 year... hmmm!!!
At least we all know who to blame...

mmidgley

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
As far as not trusting something that is presented, in a way nothing has changed: before Google's recent push deeper into all things "AI" their assistant could present a "fact" card ("Hey Google, how old is Matt Damon?") that might or might not be correct. Regardless whether they use AI and/or advertise that AI was used, it's just an answer coming from Google software, to be verified by other means (how does one double check Matt's age?)

taynjack

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site
I'm on the fence with this. I don't think a.i. will make us stupid-er. That same position was lobbed at smartphones just over a decade ago. A.i taking our jobs?Blockbuster has some doomsday predictions about that thanks to video streaming.

I believe a.i. will only do what tech has always done; further reveal who we already are. There have always been people who spread wild rumors, gossip, scams and conspiracy theories; long before the Internet. Just ask the women accused of being witches in Salem and we all remember the conspiracy theories spread through email when email was new and novel.

There are also those people who rejected witch accusations, deleted forwarded email nonsense, and there are those who won't be fooled by 11 finger doctored images.

I guess I'm agreeing with you that it's not the tech, but the people programming the tech through the use of the tech. Some use it for beneficial purposes while others use it for nefarious purposes. I'm not going to blame the tech, rather, I'm going to work to ensure I'm not a gullible naive consumer, and teach my kids, as best my meager efforts can manage, to always be skeptical of outlandish claims, and more importantly don't spread false, vindictive, rude or mean stories and just be a kind person.

ebrandwein

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for this article. I am already sick of AI. It's starting to smell like the blockchain craze from a few years back.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reese har