I'm stuck: Need Help Getting Back to Stock

kevintranca

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm not quite sure what exactly is wrong. I had rooted my phone, put super user, and the custom recovery and ROM. When I saw the OTA update, I unrooted with z4root and then removed the custom ROM with a factory reset. Everything was cool until now, I can't really get into my phone.

I dont know if this counts as bricking my phone, but it only boots into the recovery mode.

I need help :(

Thank you.

shortyjacobs

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
When you did a factory reset...did you by any chance do this from the "Privacy" Menu in the ROM? (Menu->Privacy->Factory Data Reset).

If so, you bricked it.

See the [BRICK WARNING] in the Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks forum.

Edit: You can apparently unbrick it by following the "Unrooting and returning to stock thread" also stickied in the forum.

hamagc

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm not quite sure what exactly is wrong. I had rooted my phone, put super user, and the custom recovery and ROM. When I saw the OTA update, I unrooted with z4root and then removed the custom ROM with a factory reset. Everything was cool until now, I can't really get into my phone.

I dont know if this counts as bricking my phone, but it only boots into the recovery mode.

I need help :(

Thank you.

try as mentioned in the above post.

also when you update ota, you must go back to the stock recovery. if you do not you will brick. it's not quite as easy and pressing unroot and wipe device. but almost :)

http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...45403-how-unroot-your-phone-return-stock.html

if you can still get into recovery, you can fix it. the permabrick comes when it hangs at the LG screen and won't do anying, no recovery, no system, no nothing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CR5