I'm unable to enable wifi on after trying to unroot my Galaxy S4?

anon(9212013)

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Today I decided to unroot my Galaxy S4 (i337m) and preform a factory reset. I ran TriangleAway and proceeded to flash the stock firmware for my device with Odin. I did a factory reset after this was all finished and everything seemed to be working fine at first. Whenever i tried to enable wifi, literally nothing happened. When i press the button to enable it, it flashes green for a fraction of a second and turns back to grey again. If i open up the wifi menu and try to turn on the switch, it instantly returns to the off state and the test "Turning on..." gets stuck on the wifi menu. I have tried just about everything I've seen online and nothing seems to fix it. If anyone has any suggestions to try, it would be greatly appreciated.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Make sure the stock firmware is directly (IOW, you downloaded it yourself) from Samsung or SamMobile. Anything else is the first suspect.

wrready2

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Had the same problem on a ROOTed verison S5. I reinstalled several of the rooted programs and it stopped ? ie. SuperSu, TI backup, Safestrap.
Maybe if you completely un-installed the rooted programs since your not using them now ?? Just a thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelvinbrooklyn