Impossible to put Roms on a Milestone?

arekieh

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Is it actually 100% impossible or is there just not enough people interested in trying? And can someone explain why you can on the droid and not on the milestone?

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
From what I understand the milestone needs Motorola's private key the Droid doesn't so if the update is signed its good. With the milestone it just kicks everything back because we don't have the correct key

arekieh

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Thats pretty stupid. Is there any chance moto is gonna change that?
This is sort of a deal breaker for me :/. Whats the point of android if u cant even fully tinker with everythign :(. I'll prob get it anyways but im grabbing the nexus 1 as soon as it gets the telus/at&t bands for sure if the milestone cant get custom roms

edit* i guess basically if a phone isnt "google experience" than its not actually fully "android"?
And does anyone know if everything still works on an unlocked nexus. Aka unlocked at&t nexus one on telus. would i still get push email and push updates etc.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Yes everything still works with the n1 I'm waiting for the cdma version to come out.
But since the Droid is Google experience their was less moto could do with it. And customize

arekieh

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
awesome, so that means that google pushes the updates, not the carrier?

thats pretty retarded though about motorola blocking certain features. I hate it when companies impose their ideas on the consumer. Just give us the product how its meant to be and let US decide. were the ones paying $600 for ur phone.....

But i still doubt im gonna pass on this :( dont want to wait till the summer to get an android and the hero doesnt look too appealing to me :/

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramiaec