Improved Battery Life

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
After getting a refurbished phone after I broke the screen on my original phone, I noticed the battery life was much worse than my old phone. Used to be able to go all day with moderate use, all radios on, GPS always on, on a charge. This phone wasn't lasting 8 hours... After a little investigation, I started tweaking settings. I stopped auto syncing stocks, Facebook live feed, contacts, and calendar. The feed syncs when I open the app anyway. I also went into Apps under settings and started disabling apps that I don't use such as Google Play Books, Magazines, Movies & TV, Google+, Hangouts, and Tunein Radio.
My battery life immediately, drastically improved. Last night before I put it on the charger, I had 23 hours on the battery, with 41% left. All radios and GPS on, with light to moderate use, on good network. Right now, with light usage so far I am at 89% with almost 11 hours on battery. I know that when roaming or in poor reception areas the battery will still drain quicker, but so far this is a really big improvement........

T Android

Banned
Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
After getting a refurbished phone after I broke the screen on my original phone, I noticed the battery life was much worse than my old phone. Used to be able to go all day with moderate use, all radios on, GPS always on, on a charge. This phone wasn't lasting 8 hours... After a little investigation, I started tweaking settings. I stopped auto syncing stocks, Facebook live feed, contacts, and calendar. The feed syncs when I open the app anyway. I also went into Apps under settings and started disabling apps that I don't use such as Google Play Books, Magazines, Movies & TV, Google+, Hangouts, and Tunein Radio.
My battery life immediately, drastically improved. Last night before I put it on the charger, I had 23 hours on the battery, with 41% left. All radios and GPS on, with light to moderate use, on good network. Right now, with light usage so far I am at 89% with almost 11 hours on battery. I know that when roaming or in poor reception areas the battery will still drain quicker, but so far this is a really big improvement........

Great to know you're having a good time with your phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdude91