Incomming!

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Well, time has come. I will be arriving with my newly acquired Galaxy Nexus. Mostly because im an impatient person and dont want to wait until September for the Galaxy S III. Got this thing for $270 brand new. Figure I will have some fun with it.

Look forward to joining the ranks, my first Nexus device. I leave you this as a gift...all hail the greatest voice in music.

2vA1a.png

Last edited:

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey @DroidDev, I think I remember you from the Fascinate forum, right? We have about the same join date. Anyway, I just got mine last Friday. One of my favorite things about the Fascinate was the screen, and this one is no exception.

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I was on the Fascinate for a while. I loved the screen on that phone. Im heading down to pick up the GNex after I get off work today. Gonna root the hades out of it. Buddy of mine thinks im nuts for getting it. Maybe I am, idc. I'll just take the gamble that I dont get a lemon.

Im thinking of flashing AOKP and the Franco kernel. Im getting the 2100 ext battery with it, just for good measure.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
No on the coffee, unless you have a wi-fi enabled brewer :D

But on a serious note, you will love the nexus on AOKP and franco's. I'm running AOKP right now myself, very good ROM.

McSlappy

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks baker. You guys got the phone brewing coffee yet? Cause if not, all bets are off! ;)

If you come home after draining the battery all day long, flip it on to wifi, hook up the battery charger, watch an hour of netflix, flip phone over so back is exposed. You can set your cup down on top of the phone and 5 minutes later usable for hot Tea.

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Meant to ask, where, how did you get the $270 deal?

Transmitted wirelessly via Tapatalk2

Oh, private sale from an Apple iPhone owner, he had it for 3 days and decided he hated Android. They are the best for buying Android Smartphones from. Honestly. Cheeeeeap. :D

dkear

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Oh, private sale from an Apple iPhone owner, he had it for 3 days and decided he hated Android. They are the best for buying Android Smartphones from. Honestly. Cheeeeeap. :D

Hahaha you are totally right about that!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Well its official! Not a single issue with signal. Could not be happier.

SOTK

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Well, time has come. I will be arriving with my newly acquired Galaxy Nexus. Mostly because im an impatient person and dont want to wait until September for the Galaxy S III. Got this thing for $270 brand new. Figure I will have some fun with it.

Look forward to joining the ranks, my first Nexus device. I leave you this as a gift...all hail the greatest voice in music.

Click to view quoted image

Wow! Gotta say I'm surprised. You seemed like you had some serious reservations about going down this road. What changed your mind?

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Wow! Gotta say I'm surprised. You seemed like you had some serious reservations about going down this road. What changed your mind?

Honestly it was the price tag and Verizon's decision to cap data. That and the fact I had the chance to test drive this one. Absolutely NONE of the issues people are talking about.

I am more than enjoying this phone in the couple hours I've had it.

SOTK

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Good! I'm glad you are happy! See, goes to show you that you can't always listen to the naysayers.....gotta try it out, give it a test run, and see how she drives. Cool....hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
So far this is amazing, That tool kit over on XDA is the best thing since sliced bread. Im putting AOKP on this bad boy now, then some franco love. Well if this Nandroid ever finishes....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quickmessage3899