Increased touch sensitivity wonky

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I tried using the Increased touch sensitivity option because I have a screen protector on my phone. I didnt really have any issues but figured Id try it anyway.

Within the first few minutes of putting my phone in my front pocket, the flashlight turned on, the phone went into airplane mode and I had attempted to log into my banking app.

I kept my phone out of my pocket and on my desk. Someone at work got me a breakfast sandwich and placed the bag on top of my stuff, including my phone.

When I picked the bag up, my phone again went into airplane mode and said I had tried logging into my phone too many times and I had to wait to enter my pin. Super strange.

Needless to say, I have turned off this option.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
So I had this feature on the pixel 4 xl already surprised it didn't come with the pixel 5 at launch. Here is how I used to use it.

Even with a glass screen protector i never had an issue with the sensitivity and it worked well so there was no need to have it on, however, when enabling it i notice it was wayyyy to sensitive and didn't work as well.

Now the use case where it did work well for me was when I go take the dog for a walk or go for walks to get some steps in i use gloves bc it's freezing here in the east coast and I have gloves with finger tips that allow me to still scroll through the phone, however, this never worked great it was so terrible that is just remove the gloves whenever I need to check something like a notification. After this feature launched on the pixel 4 xl i tried it by enabling it ON and using the gloves and now it was a lot more manageable, still not perfect but I was able to actually unlock the phone and scroll/view notifications etc. Yes the p4 had face unlock but with a mask it doesn't work and I needed to unlock it via pattern.

Please note that in both cases this was with a glass screen protector so there might be some use cases where you can leverage it. I'd turn it on prior to my walk and then disable it when I got back home.

Since the update just launched yesterday afternoon I haven't had a chance to test it on the p5, but later I'm going to take the dog for a walk and test it with the gloves to see if it works bc right now even with the gloves and the glass screen protector it doesn't seem to be sensitive enough to unlock but hopefully it will work the same way as the p4 did for me.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So I had this feature on the pixel 4 xl already surprised it didn't come with the pixel 5 at launch. Here is how I used to use it.

Even with a glass screen protector i never had an issue with the sensitivity and it worked well so there was no need to have it on, however, when enabling it i notice it was wayyyy to sensitive and didn't work as well.

Now the use case where it did work well for me was when I go take the dog for a walk or go for walks to get some steps in i use gloves bc it's freezing here in the east coast and I have gloves with finger tips that allow me to still scroll through the phone, however, this never worked great it was so terrible that is just remove the gloves whenever I need to check something like a notification. After this feature launched on the pixel 4 xl i tried it by enabling it ON and using the gloves and now it was a lot more manageable, still not perfect but I was able to actually unlock the phone and scroll/view notifications etc. Yes the p4 had face unlock but with a mask it doesn't work and I needed to unlock it via pattern.

Please note that in both cases this was with a glass screen protector so there might be some use cases where you can leverage it. I'd turn it on prior to my walk and then disable it when I got back home.

Since the update just launched yesterday afternoon I haven't had a chance to test it on the p5, but later I'm going to take the dog for a walk and test it with the gloves to see if it works bc right now even with the gloves and the glass screen protector it doesn't seem to be sensitive enough to unlock but hopefully it will work the same way as the p4 did for me.
Good to hear a first-hand experience.
well, thanks for your input guys! I mean it's nice to know that it might be toooo sensitive! I have no issues with my touch screen at all right now so I might not enable it either when I get it.

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I was online outside earlier today to take a Covid test - I had a pair of thinner gloves on and I couldn't do anything, but I went into settings and turned on the increased sensitivity and everything worked fine. Haven't had an issue with anything since but it hasn't been that long. I also have an app called KinScreen that turns off the screen if the proximity sensor is covered, so if it goes in my pocket, it just turns off and no funny business can happen.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I was online outside earlier today to take a Covid test - I had a pair of thinner gloves on and I couldn't do anything, but I went into settings and turned on the increased sensitivity and everything worked fine. Haven't had an issue with anything since but it hasn't been that long. I also have an app called KinScreen that turns off the screen if the proximity sensor is covered, so if it goes in my pocket, it just turns off and no funny business can happen.
Mhmmm interesting interesting I suppose I'll just have to test out this oversensitive touch screen setting when I get it on Monday.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lalukhan9779