Incredible acting crazy

quejo

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Since the new software update my phone has been doing strange things...When using my bluetooth(Blueant Q1) if I receive a text msg the bluetooth turns off and goes to the phone also..if I have some1 on speakerphone and I receive a text msg the speakerphone turns off...I need some type of solution.Thanks.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had software updates yet since being with an Android device, so I really don't know what to expect yet. But coming from BB after the update is installed, would do a battery pull.Remove the battery while the phone is still powered up. Wait a couple of seconds and then put the battery back on and power up the phone. Maybe this will help. Like I said, I haven't had any update experience yet. But this is worth a try.
If this doesn't work, call Verizon support from a home phone and have them troubleshoot the Incredible with you.

Good luck

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Since the new software update my phone has been doing strange things...When using my bluetooth(Blueant Q1) if I receive a text msg the bluetooth turns off and goes to the phone also..if I have some1 on speakerphone and I receive a text msg the speakerphone turns off...I need some type of solution.Thanks.

Sounds like you might need to do a reset - you can make the process less painful by following the backup steps in this post:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/in...id-incredible-gingerbread-ota.html#post980677

This happened during the Froyo update - most users were updated without an issue, others had to do a reset before things started working correctly.

Last edited:

iowabowtech

May 6, 2010
Visit site
You're not the only one, it appears to be a problem with the upgrade. 4th person I've seen in the last few days post this problem, different headsets in all instances.

iowabowtech

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Any solutions for this ongoing problem?

Idk, the OTA rollout seems to be stalled. I'm sure they're fixing the build.prop issue since it was glaring. Maybe they'll catch other bugs as well. I'm waiting for 605.4 at this point but it's speculation on my part. Nobody that I'm aware of has officially said there's a operational pause going on. Odd though that nobody's been receiving the OTA for a week or so now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rajokay