Incredible battery

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I don't think the Dinc batteries will work on the TB but I wish they did since I have a few not to mention the external chargers.

I think I read that the Seidio 1750 for the Evo may work :) someone please correct me if I'm wrong :eek:

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Nobody knows yet. If we had that actual part number for the phone, we could get ahold of Seidio and ask them, but until we find out we're in the dark.

If I had to guess, I'd say no. Remeber when every new phone you got had a different charging connector from the one before it? That meant you had to get new car chargers and such. I think now they will just force you to get a new battery if you want a spare.

pnicho

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't think the Dinc batteries will work on the TB but I wish they did since I have a few not to mention the external chargers.

I think I read that the Seidio 1750 for the Evo may work :) someone please correct me if I'm wrong :eek:

Your Inc battery should work. I let my friend borrow my seido 1750 for my DInc to put into her Evo. I don't see why the TB would be any different.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
That's a good question. A lot of batteries these days are the same size physically, so there's a good chance it might fit with the Tbolt. If not, Evo batteries might work as well.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
charging ports are staying the same. I had a blackberry and am using my BB charger for my Incredible. I was given the option to switch out of BB from Retention. They assured me the home charger would work. My car charger works as well.
The 1800 mAh battery from HTC Express works on the Incredible, the Evo 4G and the TouchPro 2 I think it might work on the the Thunderbolt but not sure yet. I get 12 - 15 hours with this battery depending on the use and what is also great about it, still thin and uses the stock battery cover.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I expect it to. It seems like HTC is sticking with the same batteries. Evo, Inc, Eris. I have a 1750 battery as well. SO if it fits and the TB is much more battery efficient, we could be looking at an absolute beast of an HTC phone. Powerful but not battery guzzler. I also have a 3500 but i don't want an extended battery door.

RARE NOTCH

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site

Your Inc battery should work. I let my friend borrow my seido 1750 for my DInc to put into her Evo. I don't see why the TB would be any different.

That's a good question. A lot of batteries these days are the same size physically, so there's a good chance it might fit with the Tbolt. If not, Evo batteries might work as well.

the evo battery fits inside a incredible

charging ports are staying the same. I had a blackberry and am using my BB charger for my Incredible. I was given the option to switch out of BB from Retention. They assured me the home charger would work. My car charger works as well.
The 1800 mAh battery from HTC Express works on the Incredible, the Evo 4G and the TouchPro 2 I think it might work on the the Thunderbolt but not sure yet. I get 12 - 15 hours with this battery depending on the use and what is also great about it, still thin and uses the stock battery cover.

Here is a video from wire fly that shows the battery on the thunder bolt and the evo and they look to be different sizes.

YouTube - HTC Thunderbolt Unboxing and Demonstration

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it won't. If you look at the comparison video of the thunderbolt and the Evo from wirefly you can see that the battery's are different sizes. The one in the thunderbolt is physically smaller.

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
For those that don't want to go back and watch the TB vs EVO video to see the difference, I grabbed this screenie and put a yellow box on top of each battery so you could see the exact size.

You can clearly see the TB's battery is wider, but shorter than the EVO's. This is unfortunate since, up to now, HTC has used the same form factor for all their batteries (batteries for the Touch Pro 2, Incredible, Evo, and many other phones were all compatible and fully swappable with each other)

TB%2BBattery.jpg

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
They probably had to compensate the battery shape for the kickstand and camera (plus electronic components to go with them).

My bet is on the speaker. The EVO's battery would have covered it up, but the TB's shorter battery leaves room for that speaker under the kickstand

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jermz1084