Incredible!! Will our EVOs have this kind of processing power?

Zori

May 8, 2010
Visit site
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAs3ZiPQl-U[/YT]So I came across this video (go to 21 min 49 second)

It shows the sgs3 playing a video and running shadowgun at the same time seemingly flawlessly. I've always been pro-HTC, I went from the Touch Pro to the Evo and now I plan to get the EVO LTE. But despite my fanboyism, I have realized that HTC products usually don't perform as well as their samsung rivals in real world usage despite what the numbers and processors should theoretically be doing. I figured the Evo LTE and just about any high-end phone released in the past year can run everything on the market, who cares? Then I see something like this and it blows my mind. I'm almost tempted to jump ship.. but we'll see. What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

jb23fan

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Incredible!! Will our EVOs have this kind of processing power

So I came across this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAs3Z...tu.be&t=21m49s

It shows the sgs3 playing a video and running shadowgun at the same time seemingly flawlessly. I've always been pro-HTC, I went from the Touch Pro to the Evo and now I plan to get the EVO LTE. But despite my fanboyism, I have realized that HTC products usually don't perform as well as their samsung rivals in real world usage despite what the numbers and processors should theoretically be doing. I figured the Evo LTE and just about any high-end phone released in the past year can run everything on the market, who cares? Then I see something like this and it blows my mind. I'm almost tempted to jump ship.. but we'll see. What are your thoughts?

Your link is broken

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Sure does look great. Unfortunately it's a Samsung product and I feel I've been burned by them before and I don't intend to continue the masochism just because their products look pretty and promise a lot. Maybe the SGS3 really is all that, but I'm skipping Samsung through this round...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Rdubya87

May 8, 2012
Visit site

I'm guessing this is the quad core version, correct? Chances are that the US version will have similar specs to EVO4GLTE. Plus I am not sure I will be watching videos and playing games simultaneously on my phone any time soon. Impressive, but really not that essential

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

If i do recall correctly there is also a video of the evolte where the reporter is feverishly trying to crash the phone by doing multiple things at the same time. It didnt even slow down...

I'll keep looking, if this sounds familiar to anyone and your remember where to find the link please post it

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing this is the quad core version, correct? Chances are that the US version will have similar specs to EVO4GLTE. Plus I am not sure I will be watching videos and playing games simultaneously on my phone any time soon. Impressive, but really not that essential

Agree. Like brushing your teeth while eating a sandwich.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goodweather2024