Indestructible

boochrisboo

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
So I have dropped this phone more times than I can count and besides a few dings on the case no damage at all. I think my subconcious is trying to break it to justify a new phone but it just won't die.
Great phone.
BCB
Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Reactions: trter10-imore

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I hear ya! I've had at least a dozen UITs (Unplanned Impact Tests) since I got my TBolt. One knocked the back off it and the battery flew out. Reassembled, booted up, no problem. One knocked the Body Glove case off and then tumbled the rest of the way down the steps. One BROKE the Body Glove case and it didn't even lose the BlueTooth phone conversation I was having at the time (and it took quite a bit of explaining to my Mom why I was yelling at her something that rhymes with "rock shucker"). This thing is truly built solid.

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
I have dropped mine quite a few times too, but admittedly, it has a Seidio case on it. No screen protector though. Last weekend I accidentally tipped over a glass of limeade on it too...lol! Fortunately I was quick with the napkin, but I wouldn't be surprised if some went inside. My T-Bolt looks and feels like brand new still! :D

unger316

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I too have dropped my thunderbolt. I remember freaking out the first couple times. But it kept on working. Although the screen has a small crack over the home button. But it works and that's what matters

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

antbolt

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I too have dropped mine a few times and once the back cover and battery came off. I thought it was a goner but still runs like a champ.

trter10-imore

ThunderboltTool Developer
Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
So I have dropped this phone more times than I can count and besides a few dings on the case no damage at all. I think my subconcious is trying to break it to justify a new phone but it just won't die.
Great phone.
BCB
Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

I dropped it a ton of times before it fell flat on its face and cracked

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

obidos

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I too have had a few UIT's and its come out good as new. My wife however took her case off and dropped it two days later and shattered the glass.

she now has a Droid 4 and loves that.

I'm keeping my trusty TBolt till it dies.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Thunderbolt does feel very solid. But I still cringe of the very idea of dropping my "Precious". The ONLY time I had anything near a drop was while sitting in a parked car. I got a little careless while holding it around the edges with one hand. Luckily it was at about seat level and only dropped about a foot to the floor. It still picked up a small, but fairly deep nick in the plastic of the bottom corner. I'm obsessive about preventing a drop, so I was pretty upset with myself.

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Thunderbolt does feel very solid. But I still cringe of the very idea of dropping my "Precious". The ONLY time I had anything near a drop was while sitting in a parked car. I got a little careless while holding it around the edges with one hand. Luckily it was at about seat level and only dropped about a foot to the floor. It still picked up a small, but fairly deep nick in the plastic of the bottom corner. I'm obsessive about preventing a drop, so I was pretty upset with myself.

I love my TBolt, too. But read my post above. After what I've put this phone through I consider it a handy/hefty weapon! I wouldn't hesitate to "bean" a would-be assailant with it by throwing it at high velocity at said miscreant's head safe in the knowledge I could then retrieve it, brush the chunks of chipped skull off it and call for help. Hell, if BlueTooth was enabled I wouldn't even need to get my hands dirty (see comments regarding Mom above or below or wherever).

rexxman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
The Thunderbolt is a solid device. I too have dropped mine, or had it yanked off a table when the dog caught herself in the charge cable, and no damage. The worst drop happened in the bathroom. I was cleaning the screen and had the phone at shoulder height using a towel. It slipped from my grip, bounced all over the bathtub and nothing; no damage. Can't say the same for my underwear!

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
either I missed my calling as a WR, or I am overly cautious about my phone. considering I handle the thing constantly (checking the time, admiring the newest iteration of go laucher ex, etc) i have not dropped my phone even once. I've had 4-5 close calls, including one where I "tapped" it back towards me and allowed me to snag it (see the underwear post above ;) ) but I'm just really overly concious about dropping my phone, and I've had it now for just over 6 months. (now watch me go out and drop it later on today....) I like the fact that it's a sturdy phone, but I won't be testing that theory intentionally anytime soon. unfortunately, even HTC seems to be moving to the thinner, lighter phones. oh well....

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I love my TBolt, too. But read my post above. After what I've put this phone through I consider it a handy/hefty weapon! I wouldn't hesitate to "bean" a would-be assailant with it by throwing it at high velocity at said miscreant's head safe in the knowledge I could then retrieve it, brush the chunks of chipped skull off it and call for help. Hell, if BlueTooth was enabled I wouldn't even need to get my hands dirty (see comments regarding Mom above or below or wherever).

LOL! Thunderbolt.... weapon of choice! :p Cue the video: Fatboy Slim - Weapon Of Choice - YouTube

Reactions: trter10-imore

anon(473434)

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I have had more than a few drops from all kinds of heights and cosmetically it is still looking pretty new...BUT...I think something behind the screen has come loose. Every now and then the screen will just start to fade away with all types of weird lines. I have to open palm smack it for it to come back. I love this phone, but the GSIII might be moving in on the bolt.

anon(531015)

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I dropped it a ton of times before it fell flat on its face and cracked

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Likewise. One 4 foot fall onto my livingroom floor at just the right angle shattered my screen. I grabbed a new screen and digitizer combo off eBay and replaced it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arlecchino