Individual notifications for apps galaxy s22

cathybq

Sep 12, 2022
Visit site
Hiw do I set a different notification sound for each different app. On my old J3 I had a different sound for my newspaper notifications and one for my emails. Nothing that I tried has worked. My last phone cost $200.00 and I could set different sounds. This one cost $800.00 and I can't do the same thing.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Like B. Diddy mentioned most apps you should be able to do this , don't forget with different Android version they put things in different places or remove things.

cathybq

Sep 12, 2022
Visit site
Thank you friend of Crow for answering my question!!! I just signed up and look forward to the newsletters. I'm sorry that I didn't do this yesterday, but I was at my wit's end (short trip) after spending so much time trying to do something that was so easy on my old phone. Thanks again for coming to the rescue! Cathy

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you friend of Crow for answering my question!!! I just signed up and look forward to the newsletters. I'm sorry that I didn't do this yesterday, but I was at my wit's end (short trip) after spending so much time trying to do something that was so easy on my old phone. Thanks again for coming to the rescue! Cathy
Welcome to AC!
I made you post owner to your question

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Always good to hear from another MST3K fan!:)

In the old old days, I think you could change individual app notification sounds within the app's own settings -- but this required the developer to include that option in their settings, and many devs didn't do that. At some point, I would guess Google decided "enough" with that nonsense and centralized the notification settings in the system settings, which helps to unify things, but I agree can be more complicated to adjust.