Instagram Story scaling with one account but not another

bobsy852

Apr 18, 2019
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone could help me resolve the issues I'm having on my new Huawei P30 pro (been converted over from iPhones).
I have the instagram app installed which I use for a personal and a more business type profile, both through the same app on the same phone.

When I view other peoples stories on my new P30 phone, the images/videos are scaled up to fill the entire phone screen. As this is a 18:9 ratio compared to the 16:9 ratio of a lot of other phones, a lot of images/videos are scaled up to fit. This cuts the sides of said images/videos off, including a lot of the text.
I believe this is a regular problem across a lot of android phones.

HOWEVER, when I look at the same stories on my business profile through the same app, they aren't scaled to fit. Instead they just leave a blank area at the top & bottom of the screen. This is much more preferable IMO.
Yet I can't see ANY settings in the app or anything which changes the scaling of images or videos....?

I didn't know if anyone could help me work out why it does one thing for one profile but not the other?
Or if there is any way I can get my personal profile to work like my other one?

I've attached some screenshots to show the difference:

Scaled to fit full screen
View attachment 302108

Not scaled
View attachment 302109

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm