Installed CM6, all fine but app's won't download??

vtvette

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I installed CM6 stable last night and updated radio to 2.15.00.09.01 all has been well CM6 is running very smooth.

I used Titanium Backup (donated) to backup my apps. I went to appbrain to download Titanium Backup so I can reinstall my apps but, appbrain thinks Titanium Backup is already installed on my phone so it will not let me download.

So I went to the android market to download Titanium Backup. Although the market says that Titanium Backup is already installed on my phone as well when I hit the "Installed" button it brings up an install window.

In the lower right corner of the Install pop up There is an "Install" button. Hit it and it states "this item will be downloaded to your device shortly".Problem is, the download never starts.

I've tried rebooting the phone, removing/reinserting the SD card, and downloading using both 3G and WiFi connections but nothing helps. I also tried to download some free flashlight app I never had installed on my phone (I thought maybe the market was confused as it thinks Titanium Backup is installed on my phone already) but it does the exact same thing.

I tried saving a picture in the web browser to see if I could at least download that and the picture saved to the phone immediately.

I assume there is some setting I need to change to allow apps to download?

Only other bit of info I can think may help is I used Unrevoked Forever S-off/S-on to update the radio.

Any help is appreciated thanks!

Last edited:

vtvette

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Menu > settings > applications > Market and it will be under there to clear the market cache.

Thanks for the advice so far. I don't see where I have any option to clear the cache.

Here is what I have under Menu > settings > applications >

Unknown Sources
Allow installation of non-market applications

Manage Applications
Manage and remove installed applications

Running Services
View and control currently running services

Show Permissions
Display a list of permissions and which apps are using them

Development
Set options for application development

crondable

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Market > Clear Data.

If that doesn't do the trick I would recommend reflashing the ROM and gapps. Or just upgrade to the CM7 nightlies. All development for CM6 has stopped as Froyo is no longer the most recent version of Android.

vtvette

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Market > Clear Data.

If that doesn't do the trick I would recommend reflashing the ROM and gapps. Or just upgrade to the CM7 nightlies. All development for CM6 has stopped as Froyo is no longer the most recent version of Android.

Cool thanks for all the help I'm going to go ahead with CM7 tonight.

crondable

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I can highly recommend it. I've been running the latest nightly, available here; TeamDouche Mirror System. Along with slayher's new .37 kernel, available here; www.ajeofidaho.com - /mirrors/slayher/. I have been getting absolutely excellent battery life from this setup. Along with speed and stability. Although I just saw that invisiblek posted a modified version with the smartass governor and HAVS built in, I'll have to check that out...

Reactions: vtvette

vtvette

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I can highly recommend it. I've been running the latest nightly, available here; TeamDouche Mirror System. Along with slayher's new .37 kernel, available here; www.ajeofidaho.com - /mirrors/slayher/. I have been getting absolutely excellent battery life from this setup. Along with speed and stability. Although I just saw that invisiblek posted a modified version with the smartass governor and HAVS built in, I'll have to check that out...

Thanks Crondable! I was searching for the ROM/Kernel you referenced. Where to find them was going to be my next question. Of the list of downloads you linked to, I am downloading the top selection #30 - I assume this is the latest?

This will be my first Kernel flash - I was searching around for a Kernel compatible with Cyanogen's ROM. Thanks again for the suggestions.

crondable

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Crondable! I was searching for the ROM/Kernel you referenced. Where to find them was going to be my next question. Of the list of downloads you linked to, I am downloading the top selection #30 - I assume this is the latest?

This will be my first Kernel flash - I was searching around for a Kernel compatible with Cyanogen's ROM. Thanks again for the suggestions.

You know it! :D Yes, #30 is the latest build. So far, so good here! When flashing the kernel, make sure you wipe your cache and Dalvik cache from recovery before flashing. Also, one confirmed bug with the .37 kernel is to avoid some wi-fi related reboots, set your wi-fi sleep policy to never.

Settings > Wireless & Networks > Wi-Fi settings > press menu and select advanced.

vtvette

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I wiped my Cache and Dalvik cache and installed CM7 and the .37 Kernel this evening. All went smooth I really like CM7 so far!

Unfortunately, this did not seem to help my inability to downloading apps - my phone is still doing the exact same thing. It goes through the motions of installing an app but, the phone never begins the download.

I'll continue searching and see what I can find.

Thanks for the help so far.

mobilemedic20

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hijack, but I haven't tried any Cyanogen Mod roms yet... is it safe to use the latest nightly as a daily driver? Or is this considered unstable? Is it worthwhile to do this over using stable version 6.1?

kcconn

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I change roms a lot and I have had this problem. I think it has something to do with all my apps trying to install all at once. If you go to the market and then downloads you will see all of your apps trying to install at once. Cancel some of the installs and do the rest manually.

crondable

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I believe kcconn is right. With AOSP ROMs as soon as you sign into your Google account, your apps backed up with your Google account will automatically begin syncing with the phone.

The way you can prevent this is by going into your Privacy settings, and unchecking both the "Back up my data" and the "Automatic restore" options listed there. This will automatically stop the market from downloading all those apps at once, so you can easily download Titanium Backup and restore your apps your way :)

crondable

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Also, I never even thought to ask, but the more I think about I have to...

Have you flashed the gapps (Google Apps) along with the ROM? The gapps contain apps like the Market, Gmail, Maps, etc. and are not included in the CyanogenMod ROMs.

Try downloading and flashing this; http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110120-signed.zip, and then trying again! Just wipe cache and Dalvik before flashing:)

Reactions: vtvette

vtvette

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Also, I never even thought to ask, but the more I think about I have to...

Have you flashed the gapps (Google Apps) along with the ROM? The gapps contain apps like the Market, Gmail, Maps, etc. and are not included in the CyanogenMod ROMs.

Try downloading and flashing this; http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110120-signed.zip, and then trying again! Just wipe cache and Dalvik before flashing:)

THAT DID IT!! Thanks Crondable! I installed the file and volia! my app's are downloading now!!

MANY thanks for all your help in this thread!! New ROM, New Kernel and I have all my app's back!!

crondable

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
THAT DID IT!! Thanks Crondable! I installed the file and volia! my app's are downloading now!!

MANY thanks for all your help in this thread!! New ROM, New Kernel and I have all my app's back!!

Haha score! :D Glad we were able to get you up and running vtvette! I guess I've been running Cyanogen for so long I didn't even think about flashing the gapps!

I'm thinking about creating a CM7 nightly thread here, similar to the one on XDA, if anyone is interested?

mobilemedic20

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking about creating a CM7 nightly thread here, similar to the one on XDA, if anyone is interested?

I'm interested. I pulled the trigger and went with CM7 #30 a couple days ago. I really like it so far, although I'm not impressed with battery life. Might have to try a different kernel.

crondable

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm interested. I pulled the trigger and went with CM7 #30 a couple days ago. I really like it so far, although I'm not impressed with battery life. Might have to try a different kernel.

If you are currently using the stock kernel, try this one; 2.6.37-nodebug-havs-smartass-signed.zip

I have been using this kernel for the past few days and have been getting insane battery life, using the smartass governor, of course.

mobilemedic20

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
If you are currently using the stock kernel, try this one; 2.6.37-nodebug-havs-smartass-signed.zip

I have been using this kernel for the past few days and have been getting insane battery life, using the smartass governor, of course.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot this weekend. Does smartass require changing around a lot of settings? If so, probably not interested. I was getting satisfactory battery life with the Hey Its Lou Kernel #8 (using Senseless Revolution), but obviously can't use that here. I'm liking AOSP a lot.