Insurance- Best Buy, taking phone apart after submerge in Water. How do they determine if I can make a claim or not?

A

AC Question

Insurance- best buy, taking phone apart after submerge in Water

I submerged my Droid turbo, for litterally not even 10 second. Insurance doesnt cover 'submerssion'. If I take the case off to attempt to dry it out will it void the insurance?? Or can I make a claim stating there was a spill? How do they determine if I can make a claim or not? I consider this fall/drop normal use, screaming kids and dishes making dinner make it hard to use speaker phone.
As I tried to remove the case I notice theres a sticker in the middle, afraid this is Best Buy's way of auto-void confirmation.
PLEASE HELP!!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Insurance- best buy, taking phone apart after submerge in Water

Welcome to AC.

Contact the insurance company and tell them exactly what happened.

Posted via the Android Central App

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

There's a sticker in the phone that changes color if it gets wet, which will be the 'tell.' I would think you'll probably do more damage taking the phone apart yourself anyway.

tvouge

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site

There's a sticker in the phone that changes color if it gets wet, which will be the 'tell.' I would think you'll probably do more damage taking the phone apart yourself anyway.

This.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

I hate to say this but sometimes it seems like it would be better to claim it lost.. Unless they want a police report case number, in which case dont because you're filing a false police report.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

False insurance report is fraud. Can't people just accept the results of their own actions?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chickenz